Ever make hardwood flooring?
There was a guy up in Southern Indiana that had a huge machine in his shop that milled flooring. You take rough cut lumber and rip down to width, then run it through the machine. The machine did all the cutting, planning, edging all in one shot and produced flooring. Pretty cool machine, but would take up an entire 2 car garage.

I had bought a bunch of walnut from him years ago.
Just checked with a local sawmill that also does flooring -- he will make flooring from his kiln-dried lumber for $1/sf. I'm looking at his Ash ($2.50 bf) for our new house but LOML is looking at "engineered" floors.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(02-07-2019, 12:03 PM)Tapper Wrote: Just for clarification, does "no end match" mean no T&G on the ends?

Doug

Who installed and finished ~2,500 sq. ft. of 3 1/4" rift and QS white oak in his home addition/remodel (bought it all). Very rewarding to enjoy and walk on this floor every day! Greg, if I had the wood, time and tools as you seem to have, I'd definitely take this one on - it's worth it. Pics please!!!

Yes correct no T & G on the ends. Square ends, T & G on the edges.
(02-08-2019, 11:16 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Just checked with a local sawmill that also does flooring -- he will make flooring from his kiln-dried lumber for $1/sf.  I'm looking at his Ash ($2.50 bf) for our new house but LOML is looking at "engineered" floors.

Which one is that?