Poseidon's Platter
Hello everyone this is my latest piece, "Poseidon's Platter" 
it's 14 1/2" D X 4" tall. The center is White Oak the Scalloped edge is segmented Walnut, the Dolphins are also Walnut w/ some sap wood left in for color . It was turned then the scalloped edges were hand carved as were the Dolphins.
https://www.facebook.com/serenityartisans/

Attached Files Image(s)

Absolutely beautiful,very nice work.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Oh My Gosh!!!  Amazing!!!  I am speechless.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Beautiful work....

Cool
Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
Amazing, what a fun addition wherever it is used!
I really like this one! Great job on the dolphins!
Very nice work indeed . I have carved dolphins so I know how long it takes to get them to look good. nice job.
Cool
I'm a little concerned about the expansion and contraction with the oak against the outer ring.
hope it doesn't give you problems.

Don
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Buddy that is amazing.

How much carving and how much time did this take?  Did you turn the dolphins?  How did you do the scalloped edges?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-08-2019, 01:03 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: Buddy that is amazing.

How much carving and how much time did this take?  Did you turn the dolphins?  How did you do the scalloped edges?
Thank you everyone for the nice comments Arlin the platter was turned left thick on the edge then the scallops were hand carved w/ the same knife as the dolphins, I don't time how long I worked on the platter part a few hours in the evening watching TV for a few days the dolphins were hand drawn then cut out on the band saw then hand carved.

Attached Files Image(s)

That is really cool!