In Search for Rifle Stock Tools
I will be inletting and finishing a rifle stock in the near future. I want to figure out this checkering thing so I can cut checkering in the rifle stock. 

If you have some checkering tools, and or barrel inletting tools/scrapers laying around and would like to get rid of them, please let me know what you have. 

BTW, this will be a 2 piece fancy walnut stock to replace the factory wood on a Ruger #3
Greg.... GregoryofSherwoodForest......hangs in the handtool section, at one time had bought out a big load of gun carving tools from an old gunstock feller.
Don't know if he still has anything left.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I was wanting to buy this on Ebay and hope to get it within 6 months.

I think this should help you if you choose to get it before me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carving-Fishsca...0179852271
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-08-2019, 07:53 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Greg.... GregoryofSherwoodForest......hangs in the handtool section, at one time had bought out a big load of gun carving tools from an old gunstock feller.
Don't know if he still has anything left.

Thanks, I will post something upstairs.
(01-08-2019, 09:22 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I was wanting to buy this on Ebay and hope to get it within 6 months.

I think this should help you if you choose to get it before me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carving-Fishsca...0179852271

Arlin, thanks, but I think I am more interested in traditional checkering. There are some books in my Amazon cart, but I need to check the local libraries first.