Two more deaths
(01-12-2019, 08:16 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: If I do it again that's what I would do. Tim Yoder did a video on it and the vessel looked very good. He got a guy who does the burning for a living to do it.

That is how I learned about it is from Tim Yoder and talked to him about it.  He would rather hire it done then mess with it he said.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(01-12-2019, 08:16 AM)FrankAtl Wrote: If I do it again that's what I would do. Tim Yoder did a video on it and the vessel looked very good. He got a guy who does the burning for a living to do it.

Tim Yoder? Didn't he have his own show on PBS for awhile? I forgot all about him, but I did like his show as he had personality.
(01-12-2019, 08:52 PM)mvflaim Wrote: Tim Yoder? Didn't he have his own show on PBS for awhile? I forgot all about him, but I did like his show as he had personality.

Yup, he does a you-tube thing now with different sponsors. Spoke with him at the national AAW symposium last summer
Making sawdust mostly, sometimes I get something else, but that's more accident then design.
(01-12-2019, 09:20 PM)n7bsn Wrote: Yup, he does a you-tube thing now with different sponsors. Spoke with him at the national AAW symposium last summer

Google is a wonderful thing. I found his YouTube channel and just watched the bowl he turned and burned using the technique. Pretty vague on how the burning takes place, but that may have been a good thing so people don't try to do it themselves.