Best Miter Saw
I have the 12" Milwaukee SCMS. It's a beast of a machine and is downright awesome. However, it's sliding rails do require quite a bit of real estate. If I was buying new today, I'd give serious consideration to Bosch's Glide System.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6hqBEtIt68
I have had the Hitachi 12 non slider for 10 years and haven't had any complaints until the last blade.  It is a dewalt blade and it has made me hate the whole saw.  I know that it is just the blade and I let it pester me knowing that it would drive me to buy the kapex.  I bought a kapex, literally today. (and a new blade for the Hitachi) I thought about the Bosch, but the real estate was a big issue, and the fact that I will always feel like I am just shy of where I want to be.  Buy once and cry once.  If the kapex motor gives up on me, it will either go down as a mistake in the first place, or worth it and I will buy another one when it happens. We shall see.

Im keeping the Hitachi for rough work and will install it next to the dewalt RAS.
I just can’t agree that a RAS is more accuate than a mitersaw. Doubt anyone can convince me with facts otherwise.

More versatile ? Sure. But why one would want to rip with a RAS is beyond me. Crosscut dados, absolutely. But I have other tools to do that job. So better than ??? I can’t ge there as a generalization.

Kapex is a nice saw except for the too frequent Motor Failures. I dont like the vertical handle orientation either, but that’s a personal bias. Saws from Milwaukee and Makita have almost the same dust collection ability at the fraction of the cost. And like Strokes said- you’re gonna have dust left over no-matter the brand saw.

For me, a good and sharp blade and experience/knowledge makes more of a difference than the brand of saw.
I have the Milwaukee 12" sliding miter saw and supplement with a home made shooting board with a Veritas bevel up jack plane. The combo can't be beat for accuracy. Miter saws can be a real pain to adjust for a perfect miter.