10" diameter Skilsaw Blade <> knockout
Any suggestions on a source for a reasonably priced 10" combination carbide sawblade (for wood) with a diamond knockout? I have received and returned 3 from Amazon, all which had a diamond arbor knockout shown in the product description. Even heard back from a vendor on the 'Bay that their sawblade, while listing description includes it, after checking, let me know that it does not...
Doesn't have to be topshelf, as this will only receive very occasional use.
This is for a vintage Skilsaw Model 107 (wormdrive) that only accepts that <> arbor configuration.
I have read about home brewed versions of laying out/scribing/"dremeling" the KO in a standard blade, but would prefer factory version. I have seen 10.25", but I am pretty sure that the limit is 10" on this saw. If someone knows better/differently, I am all ears...
Thanks in advance
Brian
Used to be years ago, that saw shops could punch a round hole in a diamond hole blade. I'm wondering if they could do that the opposite way.
Do you have a saw sharpening shop close by? Might pay to give them a visit.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The one time I needed to do this I used a Dremel with a cutoff wheel. It doesn't need to be exact, but you will be surprised how good you can get it.

I would not bother with a machine shop as unless you are on beer drinking terms with them it will probably cost you way more money than this is worth.
Irwin makes several !0" with the diamond knock-out
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(01-10-2019, 10:45 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: Irwin makes several !0" with the diamond knock-out
Thanks...I will investigate further, and have contacted Irwin for their assistance...
(01-10-2019, 07:17 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Used to be years ago, that saw shops could punch a round hole in a diamond hole blade. I'm wondering if they could do that the opposite way.
Do you have a saw sharpening shop close by? Might pay to give them a visit.

Not that I know of, but I had thought about reaching out to one of the sharpeners I use to see if they offer that service
Thanks
I had to get mine from Skillsaw 76240

10-1/4" X 40T Saw Blade
south vietnam war collage
(01-11-2019, 09:29 AM)JIMB49 Wrote: I had to get mine from Skillsaw 76240

10-1/4" X 40T Saw Blade

So the Skil 107 will accept a 10-1/4" blade?
They are available, I just didn't think there was clearance...
Thanks
Brian

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/...HXEALw_wcB
(01-11-2019, 09:37 AM)brianwelch Wrote: So the Skil 107 will accept a 10-1/4" blade?
They are available, I just didn't think there was clearance...
Thanks
Brian

https://www.acehardware.com/departments/...HXEALw_wcB

if you take a a rule mine has 10.5 in
south vietnam war collage
(01-11-2019, 09:42 AM)JIMB49 Wrote: if you take a a rule mine has 10.5 in

Great...
Thanks