His Safety Glasses Saved Him
Indeed. But eye glasses are not meant to protect the nose. The photos remind me I should wear a face mask when working with grinders.

By the way, until someone can prove the incident is staged, I will give it the benefit of the doubt.

Simon
I have shattered plenty of blades. I worked for a door installation company and we had to grind Rixon floor mounted closers in order to install a piano type hinge on the door. We abandoned the floor closer and did a surface mounted closer.

First off if that blade hit goggles like that, it would have broke the goggles, not dug in. Digging in requires a spinning blade being held in place to make a groove. It also would have a break in the lens, straight in line, with the blade wedged between two pieces of plastic or the plastic would have shattered.

I think its a set up.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
Whatever it is, if seeing it gets a few more people to wear safety glasses, I call it a success
Yes
I don't know about others (there're a lot of cowboys (and girls) out there including youtubers). I have put one of my face masks in the same drawer where my grinders are kept. No way I will wear my safety goggles alone....).

Simon