His Safety Glasses Saved Him
A guy on FaceBook posted a pic of his safety glasses after an angle grinder disk broke apart.

His FaceBook page is Charles G Hood IV and his business is called Off The Hook Maintenance.  Close call!

[Image: 45786215375_31695419c0_o.jpg]
WOW! Really scary....and a very lucky guy.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I think it was Simon that posted about that just last week? here.
There's just something about that that seems fake to me.
Fire up the grinder and cut a groove in your glasses.
Remove cutoff wheel and break it.
Insert broken piece into glasses, and take a picture of it.

Maybe???...maybe not???

I may be all wet. Lol
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-11-2019, 11:44 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I think it was Simon that posted about that just last week? here.
There's just something about that that seems fake to me.
Fire up the grinder and cut a groove in your glasses.
Remove cutoff wheel and break it.
Insert broken piece into glasses, and take a picture of it.

Maybe???...maybe not???

I may be all wet. Lol

So, you don't believe the guy?

Doug
(01-11-2019, 10:49 PM)Tapper Wrote: So, you don't believe the guy?

Doug

I see it as questionable.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-11-2019, 11:13 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I see it as questionable.

I think it's phony as well.  I don't think the wheel would come apart like that.  Plus the entry is too clean into the lense.  It broke across the hub?  It's half the wheel, broken cleanly across as if done across a table edge.  Ten seconds of fame is hard to come by these days.  You have to have ingenuity.
With High speed like that the military had us use a face shield and safety glasses.  I think it is a good idea a lot of the time since the military always changes safety or adds after it happens several times and this is another example.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Yes, while this might be fake, it may well be true.

Wheels are brittle; they can and do shatter like this. If it isn't properly secured to the tool, it can shatter across the hole.

Polycarbonate safety glasses are designed to perform just like these did.
Semper fi,
Brad

I had a thin wheel break off of mine and the piece stuck in a 2x4 across from me just like in those glasses.

But that pic just doesn't look right.
2" to the right and it would have taken off his nose.
Im sure these are the same people that have said they got no problem eating cats and dogs but shreek like little girls at the sight of an octopus.jonzz 12/17/13