Veritas 05T05.01 saw
(01-14-2019, 06:11 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Adam mentioned those in his post above.
Thanks

I've found a Apex brand setter I didn't know I had, or forgot.
Oh edit. I used the Apex for my WoodMizer blades when I had the mill.

(01-15-2019, 09:47 AM)Rob Young Wrote: those are out of stock and will probably remain so (they are Somax) as I believe Somax has stopped making them or went out of business.

They are based on the Eclipse 77 style of set and those have no problems doing 14tpi.

Steve -- I'm not sure at this time if I'll be going to the Woodworking Show at the KCI Expo center this weekend or not.  Frankly, don't need anything and don't need to do any "research" (i.e. buy something on a whim and see if I really needed it).  But I've got a couple of #77s and if you wanted to borrow one we can work out a transport mechanism.
Smile

I see that now.  You apparently have to put one in your cart to find out it's not available.  Thanks.
(01-15-2019, 09:47 AM)Rob Young Wrote: those are out of stock and will probably remain so (they are Somax) as I believe Somax has stopped making them or went out of business.

They are based on the Eclipse 77 style of set and those have no problems doing 14tpi.

Steve -- I'm not sure at this time if I'll be going to the Woodworking Show at the KCI Expo center this weekend or not.  Frankly, don't need anything and don't need to do any "research" (i.e. buy something on a whim and see if I really needed it).  But I've got a couple of #77s and if you wanted to borrow one we can work out a transport mechanism.
Smile

Awesome offer Rob.
At this point I'm not planning on going to the show. But......I haven't talked to John, and I haven't ck'ed on Peachtree's participation there. Another thread here mentions Peachtree wasn't at the show this year. If they are not there, no sense in me going.
I need to ck the website and see if that's true for KC also.

If we manage to buzz up there, I'll contact you.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020