Uses for a handpower drillpress?
Rescued this from a yard sale a while back and stuck it in a corner, but want that corner back now.

I originally got it thinking I would just scavenge the screw and handwheel for some sort of vice or press, but thought I'ld make sure 1)there isn't a more interesting use to which it could be put and 2)that dismantling it for parts wouldn't be a sacrilege that would anger Tetanus, the god of rusthunting, dooming me to an eternity of yard sales full of harbor freight "tools".  

''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
Not real sure about that one but the little MF’s sure are desireable and seem to get priced accordingly. I think they would be handy for a lot of small jobs.
I'd find another corner to put it in.

Or..........give it a general cleaning and mount it on a wall.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I want one for sure. As soon as I run across one I will get it
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(01-14-2019, 03:39 PM)imapseudonym Wrote: ... a sacrilege that would anger Tetanus, the god of rusthunting ...

The year may not yet be very old, but this is the funniest line of 2019, according to me.
(01-15-2019, 11:19 PM)Joe Bailey Wrote: The year may not yet be very old, but this is the funniest line of 2019, according to me.

To me it looks like it would have some use.......... isn't it one of those drill presses that you would take to the job and sort of cramp onto the workpiece. In that case it will be very handy if you need a hole in something that has broken down far from electricity. The tractor breaking down in the woods for instance.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English
(01-14-2019, 03:39 PM)imapseudonym Wrote: Rescued this from a yard sale a while back and stuck it in a corner, but want that corner back now.

I originally got it thinking I would just scavenge the screw and handwheel for some sort of vice or press, but thought I'ld make sure 1)there isn't a more interesting use to which it could be put and 2)that dismantling it for parts wouldn't be a sacrilege that would anger Tetanus, the god of rusthunting, dooming me to an eternity of yard sales full of harbor freight "tools".  

I had one.

It was a fun restore.

Mine had an automatic plunge.  The problem was that it was geared for drilling metal and not for drilling wood.  I had thought about adding some sort of spacer to the cam to make it plunge twice as fast as it was initially geared but I never got around to it.

It was fun to use but once I got a big green tailed drill press I never used it.  I was moving so I sold it.
Peter

My "day job"