Poseidon's Platter Too
(01-16-2019, 08:17 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: It is time for you to come up with a different "sign off"....Jack Of All Master Of None is no longer true for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This phrase has been w/ me for a very long time; back in the day when they sent me to trouble shoot various cabinet jobs that didn't fit or something was wrong I had to make Chicken salad out of chicken poop; fit 6 lbs of poop into a 1 lbs bucket. Along the way I worked w/ many materials and just made things work; this helped me get to where I'm at now. Thank you for the complement Bill this made my day.
I’ve got nothing against most of the work posted in this forum or even any woodnet forum, but every once in a while someone posts an extraordinary piece that demonstrates creativity and craftsmanship far beyond the norm. This is one of those. Bravo!
Lumber Logs, domestic hardwoods at wholesale prices: http://www.woodfinder.com/listings/012869.php

Lumber Logs' blog: Follow the adventure
(01-17-2019, 08:13 PM)TomFromStLouis Wrote: I’ve got nothing against most of the work posted in this forum or even any woodnet forum, but every once in a while someone posts an extraordinary piece that demonstrates creativity and craftsmanship far beyond the norm. This is one of those. Bravo!

Thank you very much Tom that was very kind of you to say.
Woodturners Unlimited

It's my honor to be able to pick the next Turning of the Week. This was much harder than I thought it would be, with all the extremely talented tuners in this group. After a long and hard look I've decided to pick "Poseidon's Platter Too" by Bruce Jones as the next turning of the week. Every time I scroll up to it I can't help but to zoom in on all the pictures and become mesmerized by all the detail that was put into this piece. The platter, which was done first, is a piece of art in itself. The separate base really raises this piece to a whole new level. While the piece as shown in the photos is amazing, I can only imagine the amount of detail that can be seen in person. Congratulations Bruce, this is a piece to be proud of!

Attached Files Image(s)

Well deserved, Bruce!
Yes 

Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(01-20-2019, 09:01 PM)Big Dave Wrote: Well deserved, Bruce!
Yes 

Cool
Cool
Cool

Yes, well deserved!
(01-21-2019, 12:17 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: Yes, well deserved!

Thank you very much Dave and Frank.