Right angle drills
That Milescraft thing looks cool...I might be able to just buy it on my own since it's pretty cheap rather than getting it for my birthday. I watched a video and it looks simple to use as well.
Near future projects:

-Curly Maple display case
-Jatoba and Quilted Maple dresser
(01-15-2019, 05:46 PM)KingwoodFan1989 Wrote: That Milescraft thing looks cool...I might be able to just buy it on my own since it's pretty cheap rather than getting it for my birthday. I watched a video and it looks simple to use as well.
I have both the Milescraft and the $30 HF corded version; the HF tool works well; its the one with the keyed chuck.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I've got the 20v cordless dewalt, the times I've needed it it's always worked great. Already had several other 20v tools, batteries and chargers so I just bought the bare tool, Ebay, brand new in the box for like $80.
(01-14-2019, 11:05 PM)KingwoodFan1989 Wrote: My birthday is coming up, and my family was asking me about gift ideas. One I had is a right angle drill. For one thing, would a 12V work, or should I use an 18V? Any corded ones that you've had good experience with? I'm looking for something for less than $150...I know the Milwaukee 12V 2415-21 has mostly good reviews, but a few have said that the clutch doesn't do its job at regulating the torque very well. Anybody experience different with that one? I don't need anything extravagant, just something that will work well for working in those tight corners in a furniture-making context.

I'll check out every model you guys throw at me, though I'd prefer to stay away from most off brand stuff (like you'd find at Harbor Freight). Sorry if that sounds close minded, but I just don't trust those tools for the most part. Anything else from other brands would be great, though, as long as it's not over $150.
Still using my old corded Sioux RA drill with a 1/4" chuck...
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-15-2019, 05:46 PM)KingwoodFan1989 Wrote: That Milescraft thing looks cool...I might be able to just buy it on my own since it's pretty cheap rather than getting it for my birthday. I watched a video and it looks simple to use as well.

When I get home I will look for the angle adapter.  I have not used it in years.  As I recall it was a nuisance adjusting the angles, but handy in some instances.  

I will see if the thing has a manufacturer or part number on it.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I have an older corded Makita that has lost its model number sticker. It works great. I sometimes use it in place of my Milwaukee M12 cordless drill because of the power and I don't have to worry about whether the batteries are charged. It's shaped almost identical to an angle grinder and can get into some really tight spaces.  I need to get some shorter bits to pair with it.
https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWARAFS-Ri...ed+adapter

I use the dewalt adapter with the flex shaft.  Love it
WoodNET... the new safespace
(01-16-2019, 11:10 AM)Splinter Puller Wrote: https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWARAFS-Ri...ed+adapter

I use the dewalt adapter with the flex shaft.  Love it

Would you use that with a spade bit?  I think I would not.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(01-16-2019, 12:49 PM)Cooler Wrote:   
Would you use that with a spade bit?  I think I would not.

Here is the non flex adaptor. Even cheaper $22

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWARA100-R...428D9SN8ER
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

I have a very rare left angle drill I was thinking of listing on eBay.