Home Depot MDF
(01-16-2019, 11:39 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I used drywall mud one time to fill the end cuts. Sure helped with the sandin.

The premixed or the powdered?

I like the powdered because once set adding water top coats won't bother it.

I'm half done with the first coat + sanding, and I'm glad I filled before painting.  If I'd have painted, I'd sand it back and fill it is so bad.
It was the powdered. I keep a small bag of the 90 minute cure here
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-16-2019, 12:05 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: It was the powdered. I keep a small bag of the 90 minute cure here

Yep, that stuff works perfectly.

It would take me eons to go through a bag though.

Well maybe if MDF is going to fall apart from now on, maybe not.
(01-16-2019, 11:39 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: I used drywall mud one time to fill the end cuts. Sure helped with the sandin.

I tried that too.  I found that the grain filler was easier to apply and sanded just as easily as the mud.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(01-16-2019, 12:22 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Yep, that stuff works perfectly.

It would take me eons to go through a bag though.

Well maybe if MDF is going to fall apart from now on, maybe not.

Yea. These are the smaller bags, 18 #'s. Bought them to finish the upstairs drywall, and to patch some holes.
One of our grandson's decided he was the Incredible Hulk there at one point, and figured out he could punch through a wall, until he found a wall stud. That stopped that nonsense.
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-16-2019, 12:48 PM)Cooler Wrote: I tried that too.  I found that the grain filler was easier to apply and sanded just as easily as the mud.

Is there a brand or something that you can point us to?
(01-16-2019, 02:56 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Is there a brand or something that you can point us to?
I will have to go into Home Depot and see what it is.  I don't think I have any in my basement.  I will check tonight.
Well don’t make a special trip.

I’ve got it covered this time around.
Last sheet I painted for a friend had tiny pits everywhere in it despite 2 coats of BIN primer and 2 coats of Advance enamel. It was lighter in color than I remembered MDF typically being.

This is the stuff I use.

https://images.homedepot-static.com/prod...4_1000.jpg

[Image: red-oak-rust-oleum-parks-patching-repair...4_1000.jpg]