WTB Eggbeater Drill (User)
I am looking to buy an egg beater drill for my 8 year old nephew. He was over a few weeks ago and was in love with the one my son has.  I'm not looking for a museum piece, but one in good working order that looks nice enough and whose chuck isn't too finicky Thanks for your help!
(01-15-2019, 07:14 PM)agerlach Wrote: I am looking to buy an egg beater drill for my 8 year old nephew. He was over a few weeks ago and was in love with the one my son has.  I'm not looking for a museum piece, but one in good working order that looks nice enough and whose chuck isn't too finicky Thanks for your help!

I have a few I need to get rid of, let me get home tonight and check my stash
Big Grin.
Richard
One of the fondest memories of my childhood was my Dad's toolbox. I can remember most of the tools in it. He and I had many years of being angry at each other, another story. Anyway, when he passed in 2004, my sister got everything, which is fine with me. I asked about his toolbox and she said that she had it. I looked in a few years ago and most of the tools are still there. I have been gathering the missing tools to refill it. One of the last tools was an eggbeater drill, I got one not long ago. I will use his tools from time to time, great memories. I think the memories that will be made by you from giving your nephew a drill will be priceless, I know mine are.

Good job, great gesture.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(01-16-2019, 07:29 PM)museumguy Wrote: He and I had many years of being angry at each other, another story. 

Yeah, things like that happen, my bride is going through a similar issue with her family; I wish I could help resolve it, but that's just not possible.  Nice you have his tools; remember him at his best, I've found that helps.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Sorry this has gotten off topic.

Admiral, I do think of the best memories. I've also learned that if I talk about the good memories, it helps.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(01-17-2019, 04:48 PM)museumguy Wrote: Sorry this has gotten off topic.

No worries! I am fortunate that I still have my father and that we are close. He has been a toolmaker for 50+ years. It is pretty powerful to think about the blood, sweat, and passion he poured into his work with those tools. They will be priceless someday. 

I have 4 kids (8, 7, 4, 2 y/o) and they are one of the big reasons that I started hand tool woodworking. I hated always having to kick them out of my shop when I used power tools due to noise/dust. With hand tools, we work side-by-side. I bought them a couple egg-beaters, a brace, clamps, and a Harbor Freight workbench. They love building their own project with my scraps, I love having them by me, and Mama loves having them out of her hair! When other kids come over, they are always attracted to the egg-beaters. Their first reaction is usually "you have your own REAL tools?" and "you get to use them on your own?"

I've boughten egg-beaters for some other kids the last few years for christmas. They have all been used more than any toys Santa brings.
I have one I’ll give you. Send me your address and it will be on it’s way. I’ll send a couple pics to you shortly.
(01-19-2019, 07:40 AM)David Knight Wrote: I have one I’ll give you. Send me your address and it will be on it’s way. I’ll send a couple pics to you shortly.

Awesome. I knew someone on here would be able to help the OP. Beautiful memories are waiting to be made, thanks to you.

Garry
(01-19-2019, 07:40 AM)David Knight Wrote: I have one I’ll give you. Send me your address and it will be on it’s way. I’ll send a couple pics to you shortly.

Thanks David. Pics would be great. I will PM you my email address.
David, it looks like we've done business before and I have your email. I will email you instead of PM.
 - Adam