light writing desk with file cabinet
I'm looking for various designs for a very light writing desk with a hanging file cabinet.
Would anyone have any ideas, photos or drawings.
The trick is to build it light yet strong enough to support a single file drawer on one side without an extra set of legs.
Thanks,
Mark
That's a challenge, because the columnar support of a bank of drawers is excluded from the spec's. You might look into a torsion box and 'door' skins for the top. Wood species and thickness is also a consideration.

It would be fun to play with ideas.
Cool
(01-17-2019, 09:05 AM)eriklinsome Wrote: I'm looking for various designs for a very light writing desk with a hanging file cabinet.
Would anyone have any ideas, photos or drawings.
The trick is to build it light yet strong enough to support a single file drawer on one side without an extra set of legs.
Thanks,
Mark

Does the drawer case have to hang from the top? I can think of several ideas that could be workable. A torsion box for the top is almost a must.
The simplest design is using ready-made hairpin legs, and a pedestal on casters.  I prefer the rolling pedestal; I think it is more convenient to use.

[Image: desk-L-white-c_a7d24fee-f3c8-4c21-a410-6...1521541572]
The chair shown above is available from Amazon.com.  I think I paid about $45.00 for mine.  It is a decent reproduction with a molded seat (the original has a fiberglass seat).

Here are some other designs: 

https://www.google.com/search?q=modern+w...34&bih=631
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Mark, welcome to the forum.

Cannot suggest a set of plans, but have you checked Google Images for small desk with file drawer?  There are hundreds of Ideas.  Many years ago I used a desk top and a separate rolling filing cabinet.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood