Epoxy River Table
Has anyone made an epoxy river table? I have been asked to look into making one for a charity event and have no experience with this type of thing.

Mals

Mals
You can educate the ignorant - You can't fix stupid.
I helped my son make one for his school project.  Pretty straight forward.
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere
Lots of decent YouTube videos on doing it. Might want to check that out.
If you follow any woodworking channels on social media, they cover it very well.  It is amazing how they killed an idea so fast by over advertising it.  It wasn't a thing, then everybody and their mother did it, and now it is cliche' to do it.
Personally, I don't "get" the concept; I'd rather have wood grain speak for itself; but it has become a "thing."
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I am not a fan of the idea but I may need to do it anyway. I have watched the videos but they all seem to go so smoothly, they sure make it look easy.

Mals

Mals
You can educate the ignorant - You can't fix stupid.
It seems over on the reddit/r/woodworking forum people post those things almost daily.. To the point the "innerwebs" are done with them as a fad
Smile
But you should be able to find examples and blog posts detailing how it's done
Well they might be an over and done fad but they are new to me. A quick search came up with lots of interesting live edge tables with the wood grain showing. Some resembling to me satellite images of the earth.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
The first one I remember was tastefully done by Doug Stowe—it was small river rock between central edges. Later, folks started using Acrylics in the stream.
Anymore, lots of them look like two boards with a plastic stick in between.

Doug’s table:
https://www.finewoodworking.com/readerpr...ding-table

Early river table with Acrylic:
This guy has figured out how to market himself yet his work, older than many, seems to stand apart.
http://www.gregklassen.com/
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
It's the first I've heard or seen it but I liven under a rock, some are pretty cool but most are just meh.
Bruce.