Delta 40-560
Score one for the Old Bald Trace.  I was helping a friend who is a sign person.  We were puting the vinal signage on a van in a building he owns.  During a break, I wandered around the area we were in and found a lot of junk that was being left by the previous tennant.  In one of the piles was the 40-560 Delta scroll saw.  It didn't look to have been used much, but was very dirty.  I plugged it in and it worked fine.  I brought it home to see what it might be worth after a complete tear down and cleaning.  After a couple of hours using a lot of elbow grease and "Purple Power", quite a few paper towels, some lithium grease, and the required Upper Slobbovian words necessary to complete the task, I have a very nice scroll saw.  The price was right, free.  I can see a lot of small projects ahead, most of which will be gifts for next Christmas.
Non Carborundum Illigitimus
Those are the best kinds of acquisitions.  
Cool

Cool

That was a decent saw, in it's day.  Hope you have fun with it.

IIRC, the upper blade clamp on that is the QuickSet II version, which was one of the best blade clamping systems out there.  Unfortunately, I don't think they make them anymore.  Also, IIRC, the bottom clamp may require a special tool to release the blade.  Hopefully it is with the saw.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(01-18-2019, 08:50 AM)Cian Wrote: Those are the best kinds of acquisitions.  
Cool

Yup.
Yes

Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(01-17-2019, 09:11 PM)Bald Trace Wrote: Score one for the Old Bald Trace.  I was helping a friend who is a sign person.  We were puting the vinal signage on a van in a building he owns.  During a break, I wandered around the area we were in and found a lot of junk that was being left by the previous tennant.  In one of the piles was the 40-560 Delta scroll saw.  It didn't look to have been used much, but was very dirty.  I plugged it in and it worked fine.  I brought it home to see what it might be worth after a complete tear down and cleaning.  After a couple of hours using a lot of elbow grease and "Purple Power", quite a few paper towels, some lithium grease, and the required Upper Slobbovian words necessary to complete the task, I have a very nice scroll saw.  The price was right, free.  I can see a lot of small projects ahead, most of which will be gifts for next Christmas.

Pics?

DT