First tablesaw safety reminder of the new year...
(01-21-2019, 12:21 PM)Tapper Wrote: EZ, listen up and take notes...

If at first you don't succeed, perhaps sky diving is not for you.
Wood is good. 
(01-21-2019, 06:04 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: If at first you don't succeed, perhaps sky diving is not for you.

Whatever that means.....

DT
Makes me glad I bought the SS. I was the first in Kansas City to buy one. I remember having Woodpeckers customize an LS to fit it.

Hope you heal up fast! Wonder what that finger will look like in a year. Should be some interesting scars...
VH07V  
Despite the fact that the Sawstop has become the #1 selling cabinet saws in NA, the majority of saws used are still saws without finger saving protection. What it also means is the 10 tablesaw amputations a day statistics USCPSC has reported will be true for some time until the new generation of cabinet saws is produced with a similar technology (whether ss or bosch kind). Same thing with the transition from no seat belts to mandatory seat belts thing in the auto sector.

Only you can decide if you need or want the extra safety net. It is your money, after all. Anyone else who is not footing the bill has no say on the purchase decision.

Simon
darn! I only hope it looks worse than it was.

Almost had #2. Cutting dowel rods to size on my RAS, one end up against the Exact Cut fence, holding the other end. Forgot to move the fence out of the way before starting the actual cut. As soon as the saw cleared the cut dowel the rear teeth caught the cut piece, threw it into the blade that shattered it into pieces and through it all over the shop, including into the hand that was pulling the blade. Cracked my fingernail causing a blood blister underneath. Man that hurt. I'm usually bright enough to move the fence out of the way when cutting dowels since they have a habit of rolling as soon as they're cut, no idea where my mind was that day.

Hope you heal and don't lose any mobility in the finger.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(01-20-2019, 05:09 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: Sorry, couldn't resist.
Smile  

How hard is it to keep your head in the game, at least during the few moments the saw is turned on? You need a sawstop to be safe? You can't be trusted around normal machines? Come on you guys!!!
We're all human and do dumb stuff sometimes. When I retired, I bought myself a Sawstop. Even with 20+ years of being anal and careful to the point of absurdity, I figured I'd do something stupid eventually. You would laugh at how careful I am. I had it less than a few months when I reached over the middle part of my table saw sled to pull it back and somehow touched the blade. Scared the crap out of me when the saw did what it was supposed to. I felt a brush on my finger, but no damage. Sawstop even replaces the cartridges for free if you send the damaged one back to them by the way. It is pricey, but was a good investment for me.
Paul
"Some glue, some brads while the glue dries, and that's not going anywhere!"
Norm
(01-24-2019, 01:23 PM)plharrison Wrote: ...Sawstop even replaces the cartridges for free if you send the damaged one back to them...

They should charge you double the price and rebate the difference back to the safe operators. This whole thread is sounding more and more like the minutes of a sawstop owners convention.
Wink
Wood is good. 
(01-24-2019, 02:04 PM)ez-duzit Wrote: They should charge you double the price and rebate the difference back to the safe operators. This whole thread is sounding more and more like the minutes of a sawstop owners convention.
Wink

Lol, I STILL hope you never have an accident! 
Laugh
"Some glue, some brads while the glue dries, and that's not going anywhere!"
Norm
EZ, it is not required that you continue to read it. Haters gonna hate.

Doug
It will take a while for the animosity developed and gathered over Sawstop's Gass to go away, now that he has sold his business, and Sawstop remains the brand name under new ownership (TTP). I suspect that the topic of Sawstop would receive less controversy if it is raised in the Festool forum which is owned by Festool, in turned owned by TTP. Of course, some Festoolians harbor ill feelings towards Sawstop, too.

Simon