Need help installing barn door... pictures
Did you pre drill the wall to verify they are metal studs ?    If they are you may be able to insert wood into the metal studs from the back without messing up the drywall side in the room.   Roly
(01-20-2019, 12:46 PM)Roly Wrote:    If they are you may be able to insert wood into the metal studs from the back without messing up the drywall side in the room.   Roly

Same thing Bob10 was suggesting.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

What I am wondering if they are metal studs or is he looking at the corner bead.   Seems odd the rest of the wall is wood and just metal above the door.   Roly
(01-20-2019, 02:09 PM)Roly Wrote: What I am wondering if they are metal studs or is he looking at the corner bead.   Seems odd the rest of the wall is wood and just metal above the door.   Roly

Yes. That would be odd
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-20-2019, 02:09 PM)Roly Wrote: What I am wondering if they are metal studs or is he looking at the corner bead.   Seems odd the rest of the wall is wood and just metal above the door.   Roly

should be easy to determine with a drill bit inside the closet
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

The master closet was part of the remodel when we moved in. I known the contractor used metal studs to create the master closet and the doorway.
I thinkmi understand what you are saying. Once I remove the drywall from the inside of the closet, I can insert a wooden 2 x 4 into the stud and use the holesnthat i creatednin thr metal support bar. I would just need a metal bit to punch through the metal so i could get to the wood?