Maker space
I highly recommend just getting all those tools youself and own your own. Its perfect.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(01-27-2019, 09:34 PM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: I highly recommend just getting all those tools youself and own your own. Its perfect.

Sure and a huge pole barn and some acreage. Not a problem. I think I'll go eat some cake.
(01-28-2019, 06:12 AM)danceswithticks Wrote:  I think I'll go eat some cake.

What flavor? I just had some chocolate, laced with black walnuts.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-29-2019, 05:17 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: What flavor? I just had some chocolate, laced with black walnuts.

Let's see....As long as I'm dreamin', I'll have carrot cake with French Vanilla ice cream. That chocolate sounds real good though.
Last year, I had to put my shop into storage for several months and live in an apartment while I looked for a new place.
It drove me a little nuts not having a shop, so I looked into the local "maker space" here in Little Rock. It really ended up a huge waste of time.

The reason? Even after I completed the safety course (not needed for me, but I understood the legal reasoning), they insisted that someone would have to use some tools FOR ME. I'd have to ask someone to cross cut a blasted 2x4 on the miter saw FOR ME.

I didn't bother pursuing it.
The few guys running it also seemed to treat it like their own personal, closed-circle club, getting actionable sign-up information was way too hard and the place was a mess.
I'm sure there are plenty of maker spaces that work well, but ours is a joke.

Instead, I set up a tiny bench in the apartment storage closet and did a few small projects outside.
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas