I need a call button (light)
Check with your nearest organization for the deaf. Flashing lights are pretty common with them I believe.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
I use a remote operated plug in outlet to turn on the block heater on my tractor. You just plug in to an existing outlet and plug in a light or ?. Push button on a battery operated remote and turns on a what ever. Got it at the big orange, cheap and easy. About 150 ft. range.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
Maybe this:

https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Caregi...B078SND11S
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Thanks Gary, I had not seen those devices before.

PS, I don't follow spectator sports, but I'm sure many Buckeye fans would say "thanks" for to Florida for training Urban.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I suspect a chime, which might be missed, would best be augmented with a light that stays on.  You could add a small relay to a door bell (DPDT ice cube), with the same coil voltage as the doorbell, and wire it to latch closed when the bell rings, using the other pole to complete a circuit to a light bulb.  Like a motor control.  You'd need an 'off' button too, to release the relay and turn off the light. 

But a wifi controlled smart bulb would do the same thing without the chime, and you won't have to do any creating.  That would be even more useful if the phone app received feedback to verify to the app that it received the command and responded, of course, but I don't know anything about smart bulbs.  I'm still a dumb bulb kind of guy.
Crazy
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(01-21-2019, 08:21 AM)TDKPE Wrote: I'm still a dumb bulb kind of guy.
Crazy

Much better that than being a dim bulb kind of guy.
Laugh
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Cheap and easy and worked perfectly when my Dad came home from the hospital.

I bought a wireless doorbell.  I mounted the button on a square of wood that sat by my dad's bed.  

The doorbell was battery powered, but plug in ones were available.

The battery powered version would receive a signal out doors so my mom could go to the garden.  

It cost about $30.00.  No hook up.  No learning curve.  But no verbal communications.  It is just a "summons".
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.