Help me buy a rotary tool
Skokum choocher is the highest praise a tool can get
Vaping Bad.........
(01-22-2019, 12:19 PM)Sean® Wrote: Skokum choocher is the highest praise a tool can get

What we need is a "newspeak" dictionary...updated periodically...
Crazy
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(01-20-2019, 02:11 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The Northern cuz for a few $ more, you get the magnetic LED.

BTW the two Grizzlys, the $46 one as it has a tele tool holder, like the Northern.

Simon

Thanks, Simon.

That's what I ended up getting.

The light is a fantastic and it is worth the extra cost.
Peter

My "day job"
(01-22-2019, 01:06 PM)Timberwolf Wrote: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
What we need is a "newspeak" dictionary...updated periodically...
Crazy  
Big Grin

It comes from AvE(BOLTR)  on Youtube.

Its a tool channel with a million subs.  He's so funny even people not into tools watch him.
Vaping Bad.........
I've got a Dremel that I've had and used frequently for over 40 years. They're like the energizer bunny, they never die. I'd either save my $$ until I could afford the real thing or buy used one. As someone posted earlier, I see them frequently on Craigslist here.
I was inclined to buy the Dremel, but then this morning I got this Northern Tool flyer in my email:

131 piece rotary kit with variable speed, was $49.95, now $25.00 + free shipping + no NY sales tax.  I just ordered it.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/...D&bc_lid=5
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(01-25-2019, 08:42 AM)Cooler Wrote: I was inclined to buy the Dremel, but then this morning I got this Northern Tool flyer in my email:

131 piece rotary kit with variable speed, was $49.95, now $25.00 + free shipping + no NY sales tax.  I just ordered it.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/...D&bc_lid=5

A great deal...but back to regular price now.
No

Simon
(01-25-2019, 12:03 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: A great deal...but back to regular price now.
No

Simon

It is still accepting orders from me.  

Try entering this number in the "Add Keycode" box at the checkout:  263868

When you go to the checkout the amount will show up.  Enter that number above and ask it to update.  I'm not sure it will work.   The number comes up automatically on my special offer (possibly because I just placed an order for a bandsaw and they see me as an easy mark).

I am not going to buy the extra one.  But I could if I wanted to.  They indicated that they have inventory.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(01-25-2019, 02:12 PM)Cooler Wrote: It is still accepting orders from me.  

Appreciate your help.

Simon
(01-20-2019, 08:56 PM)BobW Wrote: I would go with a Dremel, even if it is a used one from garage sale or flea market, because I found their product support and customer service to be excellent.  I bought mine 30 years ago, in the late '80s.  It was their high-end VS model at the time.  Several years ago, it stopped working...the shaft wouldn't turn.  I was going to need it on my project, so I ran over to HD and bought a replacement (the cheapest model they had, since I already had all of the accessories).  Before I opened the box, I disassembled the front end of the old one, and found a little nylon part that had failed (can't remember if it was a gear, or what).  I called Dremel, and they identified the part and said they would sent me a new one, which they did.  I don't think there was a charge.   I returned the new one to HD and have  been using my old faithful ever since.

I started with a Chrafstman (rebranded Dremel?) 35 years ago. It worked well but let the magic smoke out about 20 years ago. I bought an actual Dremel brand and absolutely hated it. It was like yours the more expensive variable speed model.  No torque and too much vibration. I then bought a Ryobi dc model that only turns about 15000 rpm max but has good torque. I still use it mainly for drilling PCB boards.
I thought Dremel must have turned to junk but maybe i just got a bad unit. I threw my working Dremel out rather than give it away. It was that bad.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!