Anyone ever made their own TS wings?
Got a chance to buy an older "art deco" age Unisaw for a great price but it doesn't have wings.

I've got welders and have done a fair amount of metalwork and could build some but if anyone has a better idea I'd appreciate any advice/experience.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Doesn't seem to be too uncommon.  I've seen some on here without having done any metalwork either.

[Image: 13057_5F00_021.jpg]

[Image: table-saw-extension-wing-12.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
I've got wooden *extension* wings that I made for mine.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I've seen them made, but the originals also come up rather often and fairly inexpensively over at OWWM.
Semper fi,
Brad

I’ve made them and they’re pretty quick and easy. I used 1x4 poplar for the frame, then melamine on 3/4 MDF for the top. If you want T-track or something else in it, I’ve seen that before (one of the pictures above).

John
(01-20-2019, 02:00 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Got a chance to buy an older "art deco" age Unisaw for a great price but it doesn't have wings.

I've got welders and have done a fair amount of metalwork and could build some but if anyone has a better idea I'd appreciate any advice/experience.

If you are talking about wings (not extension tables which others have shown), it is not as simple s it looks, because you need a flat top across from one wing to another. If your plan is to weld a metal sheet stop, it may not be so easy to get a flat top depending on its size.

May be an extension top, built on either side, or as one large top sitting over the saw with a cut-out is an option.

Simon
When I find the right table I plan to cut a hole in the middle to mount a table saw. No! Not Mamma's kitchen table..

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
Although the granite kitchen table might be an interesting surround for table saw...
granite....Hummm, How hard to router slots to match the saw table slots?

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
(01-22-2019, 06:15 PM)Foggy Wrote: granite....Hummm, How hard to router slots to match the saw table slots?

Counter top shop could do it.

DIY, saw a slot out, then epoxy in a alum track.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020