Pex??? A or c. Copper rings???
Nice tool.
Thanks for posting.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(02-01-2019, 08:19 PM)Pirate Wrote: Curious about how you easily remove copper rings?

I know the tool has existed for years but I haven't found I needed one. I don't care for plastic fittings because they take away one of the advantages of PEX; it's freeze thaw stable. Plastic fittings are not. I re-use brass fittings. When I cut the PEX I leave at least 1/2" past the fitting to give me something to grab with pliers. A quick pass over a torch flame softens the PEX enough that it slides right out of the ring.

I just watched the video. The PEX is still on the fitting! I can promise you that a torch is faster and easier. Do you already have a torch and two pliers? Try it.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
I ended up with the cooper ring style- bought the tool from Menard's. $80, includes 3/8, 1/2, 3/4 and one inch dies. The crimper holds one die at a time, so it is fairly easy to use in tight quarters. I did the small job ( moving a washer and dryer ) and had no issues at all. I am a fan of pex!

I think you mean Pex A or B.  Pex A is uponor with the pex rings and Pex B used copper rings or stainless bands.

For Pex B both are good and the copper rings are not soft copper but a harder alloy. If you research the fitting testing in all types they hold lots of pressure however the Uponor is actually the lowest PSI burst but the tradeoff is the flexibility but they all will take way way more pressure than a house will ever see...
(01-20-2019, 07:32 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: I prefer the stainless clamps that I can take off in case of a goof and save the fitting.

Works for me
Laugh
Laugh

I know the OP already has a solution, but the ratcheting clamps FTW.  Also, 
the tool to use them fits in much smaller spaces than the tool for crimp rings, at least of the two tools I've used.