Hock Tools meets USPS
Next time I want to see the world, I'll ship myself to Oregon.

I wonder what state I would ship myself to get to Ireland?
(01-25-2019, 09:04 AM)daddo Wrote: Next time I want to see the world, I'll ship myself to Oregon.  

I wonder what state I would ship myself to get to Ireland?

Hawaii might work...
Cliff
ex-TX, now Maine!
Our rural PO has a drop box for local mail.
It gets sorted and redistributed without leaving the building.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(01-20-2019, 07:29 PM)Aram Wrote: Shipping from Northern California to Eugene, Oregon. Via Guam, apparently. Krenov blade gets around more than I do.

There is something about a well-traveled blade. Oh, the stories it could tell. I am sorry, Aram, that your package went walkabout. And I hope we fixed the problem to your satisfaction.  I do feel the need to defend the postal service, though. This is a remarkably rare occurrence. Rare enough that we never consider abandoning USPS in favor of another carrier. Priority Mail service is faster and less expensive than UPS or FedEx ground (both of whom make their share of errors.) We're very happy with the service we receive from the USPS and will continue to use and support them. Wave that flag! 

Ron
Ron Hock
HOCK TOOLS
(01-29-2019, 03:09 PM)Ron Hock Wrote: There is something about a well-traveled blade. Oh, the stories it could tell. I am sorry, Aram, that your package went walkabout. And I hope we fixed the problem to your satisfaction.  I do feel the need to defend the postal service, though. This is a remarkably rare occurrence. Rare enough that we never consider abandoning USPS in favor of another carrier. Priority Mail service is faster and less expensive than UPS or FedEx ground (both of whom make their share of errors.) We're very happy with the service we receive from the USPS and will continue to use and support them. Wave that flag! 

Ron

Hi Ron,

I just thought it was amusing. I hope that came through with no negative implications. You and your staff took fantastic care of me -- as usual! I've had mostly good experiences with USPS. It is certainly not their fault that we do not have locking mailboxes on our street -- or that someone stole, altered and cashed my outgoing mortgage payment check last year. But that's another story.

Laugh
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I have a lot of packages delivered and if I were asked to rate the carriers, UPS would be the first choice. I've had less damage with them, packages are 99% on time and placed in the correct spot, and they have never lost a package. They help unload heavy stuff and to the shop when they aren't required to. I use them first for all shipping- they have a convenient shipping store close by.

USPS has improved a lot- I would now give them 2nd place. They don't deliver as quickly as expected sometimes- my package sat in their office down our street for two days before they delivered it- reason unknown, and I was told I couldn't pick it up since it was going to my address- ??? Really?  This was about three months ago. Their mailbox service is questionable- I get the neighbors mail sometimes. I once got the neighbors IRS tax brown envelope which I'm sure contained all the info one would need to steal their identity or do other dastardly things. He was really mad at USPS when I took it over to him.

Fed-ex is good, but they really need to hire folks that can reason. They once stated they could not find my address (I saw the truck pass by my house).  Then they delivered it to the rental home (Different number) I own next door.  Hey, they got real close!
Laugh  I get a lot of damaged packages used for football. They too seem to begetting better though.

Bad stuff happens, I know that, so I don't get mad. If I were to try and move as much as these people do, I'd screw it all up in a day and end up at a bar. But then, it isn't my job.
I ship a fair amount, and I can say (knock on wood) that they've never lost a shipment, nor damaged one (I must say, however, that I DO pack items very well) for over 15 years.  They can go on "excursions" every once in a while, but eventually they get it right, so I really can't complain.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I think misdirected packages are not too uncommon.  I'm sure there are many being shipped around right now.  I had a package from Digikey (northern Minnesota) that was going to Minneapolis go halfway across the country.  It was a little annoying, because I was traveling to Minneapolis and needed the part to make the trip worthwhile.  It made it in time though. That was UPS
(01-31-2019, 09:45 AM)EricU Wrote: I think misdirected packages are not too uncommon...

I had an Amazon order go from NJ -> CT -> NJ -> MA -> NY last week
Winkgrin

January 28, 2019, 5:51 am  
 Arrived at Post Office
 POUGHKEEPSIE, NY 12603 
 January 28, 2019, 4:17 am  
 Arrived at USPS Facility
 POUGHKEEPSIE, NY 12603 
 January 28, 2019, 3:29 am  
 Departed USPS Regional Facility
 NEWBURGH NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER 
 January 28, 2019, 12:56 am