Hock Tools meets USPS
Tongue 
Shipping from Northern California to Eugene, Oregon. Via Guam, apparently. Krenov blade gets around more than I do.

[Image: i-cHQBFg2-M.png]
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Shaking head....
Laugh
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That's why it is called USPS and not UPS...
Laugh
Simon
That's like the time someone sent a post card from Sweden to Mexico, and I got it in Cuddebackville New York.
Smile
I've purchased items from a shop in the Hudson Valley, NY/PA area off Rt 84? It always goes from there to Philly, then NJ before coming to MA! I don't get it. Also, I'm paying for 1st class postage.
(01-21-2019, 09:50 AM)SPFurnitureMaker Wrote: I've purchased items from a shop in the Hudson Valley, NY/PA area off Rt 84? It always goes from there to Philly, then NJ before coming to MA! I don't get it. Also, I'm paying for 1st class postage.

All mail is routed from the PO's to a dist center, then sorted and usually goes out on the trucks that brought it in.
Re delivered to the city PO's.

I can mail something to myself. Carrier (rural) takes it to PO, it get picked up by truck and delivered 200 miles to a dist center, get sorted and marked, comes back to our PO on the same truck, then carrier brings it the next day.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-20-2019, 07:29 PM)Aram Wrote: Shipping from Northern California to Eugene, Oregon. Via Guam, apparently. Krenov blade gets around more than I do.

Appears that the mail handler put the package in the wrong bin.

There is a "Local" mail acceptance receptacle in most Post Offices. These items are manually sorted to the routes by the carrier.

There are 7 National Distribution Centers across the US. When mail goes out of a region it will most likely go from the PO to the P&DC to the NDC to the serving NDC to the P&DC serving that district and to the Local PO for delivery. Also depends on the class of mail. There was a big push to consolidate the distribution centers to save money as the service standards were lengthened. So, it can take longer for mail to go across the system. 

Sometimes mail can stick together and the automation only sees the item on top. Sounds like the post card did this.

For the most part, the USPS is cheaper than UPS and FedEx and is doing better on scanning packages.
WoodTinker
As usual, Ron and Linda took care of the situation. Great people running a great business.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

(01-20-2019, 07:29 PM)Aram Wrote: Shipping from Northern California to Eugene, Oregon. Via Guam, apparently. Krenov blade gets around more than I do.

From Guam to Honolulu, to Portland, to Eugene. The wayward blade arrived on the same day as the replacement blade, which the good people at Hock Tools shipped 3 days ago.
Best,
Aram, always learning

Its no wonder why the postal service is going broke!