Jawhorse, Workholder, Sheetmaster, etc
(01-21-2019, 11:30 PM)opticsguy Wrote: Thanks for the replies, tried the Brickseek web site but could not figure it out at all, searches came up empty and they are asking for strange product codes.  

I would love to pick up two jawhorses for $60 each!!!

If your still looking tell me your zip code and I will find out for you
Vaping Bad.........
(01-22-2019, 04:41 PM)Sean® Wrote: If your still looking tell me your zip code and I will find out for you

Never heard of Brickseek...Thanks

found them (slightly used) on Amazon for under $100 shipped (Prime)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/...ive=386001
(01-21-2019, 05:13 PM)Sean® Wrote: I forgot to say I picked up two more Jawhorses today in Utica NY for 60 bucks each.

They did have more for anyone local.

Brickseek showed all other local Lowes to be 88 to 120.  Why Utica was so much cheaper I don't know.

Thanks for the heads up. I had never heard of Brickseek but tried it out. Pretty nifty. It showed the closest Lowes to me here in Rochester, NY had a few for $65. There was one other location in Rochester showing $65, and then a bunch of others at $88. Went to my local one this morning and sure enough, they had three at $65 each. Picked one up
Smile .

- Mark
I think I figured out the brickseek website.  No deals out here at 98225 (North of Seattle).  The jawhorse sheetmaster and the standard model look like full price items.  

I did stop by my local Lowes store, they had one on display, legs were damaged and the whole unit looked like a cheapo sheet metal product, was not really impressed at all. The unit was tied down on a raised shelf so there was no way to check it out in detail.  Kind of disappointed.  Now not sure if a jawhorse is in my future . .
(01-23-2019, 07:11 PM)opticsguy Wrote: I think I figured out the brickseek website.  No deals out here at 98225 (North of Seattle).  The jawhorse sheetmaster and the standard model look like full price items.  

I did stop by my local Lowes store, they had one on display, legs were damaged and the whole unit looked like a cheapo sheet metal product, was not really impressed at all. The unit was tied down on a raised shelf so there was no way to check it out in detail.  Kind of disappointed.  Now not sure if a jawhorse is in my future . .

Mount Vernon Lowe's #35
1717 Freeway Dr
Mount Vernon WA 98273
(22.47 Miles Away)
Google Maps
Apple Maps
Phone: (360) 424-5838

Display may have had a rough life.  These things are far from light.

The above store has them for 65 bucks.
Vaping Bad.........
(01-23-2019, 07:28 PM)Sean® Wrote: Mount Vernon Lowe's #35
1717 Freeway Dr
Mount Vernon WA 98273
(22.47 Miles Away)
Google Maps
Apple Maps
Phone: (360) 424-5838

Display may have had a rough life.  These things are far from light.

The above store has them for 65 bucks.
Thanks for looking and sharing.  I went to Lowes website using both Brickseek and the Mt Vernon website store and both sites list the jawhorse at full list prices, so not sure how to find them for $60 each.  Certainly worth the drive if I can figure it out . . . . . . . . . .
(01-23-2019, 07:37 PM)opticsguy Wrote: Thanks for looking and sharing.  I went to Lowes website using both Brickseek and the Mt Vernon website store and both sites list the jawhorse at full list prices, so not sure how to find them for $60 each.  Certainly worth the drive if I can figure it out . . . . . . . . . .

I had to call the Utica store and confirm the price.

I called, confirmed and paid for on the phone so I didn't drive for nothing.

Lowes site doesn't give up to date info.  Brickseek does but its a tricky site also.

I will personally give you one million innernet bucks if you call and the price isn't 65 bucks.
Vaping Bad.........
(01-23-2019, 07:11 PM)opticsguy Wrote: I think I figured out the brickseek website.  No deals out here at 98225 (North of Seattle).  The jawhorse sheetmaster and the standard model look like full price items.  

Took mine out of the box tonight and set it up. Definitely not a cheap sheet metal product! Very sturdy and very well made. I'm extremely iimpressed.
Well . . .  I should now be spending more time on my new Jawhorses and less time on this thread . . .

Crazy how the world works, Brickseek never did show any discounts and the Lowes website only showed full price with a discounted button which did not do anything. As recommended here, a quick call got the close-out price I was hoping for and a nice drive on a sunshine afternoon and soon, two new Jawhorses in my car.  The 30 minute drive was nice and the return trip took me to me favorite and secret fossil hunting grounds.  Not much in the way of new fossils but upon arrival back home set up the Jawhorses and they look like they are sturdy enough to be used for a variety of projects and of course my main interest in holding logs for all my new Lumber Jack tools.  

Thanks for everyone's help, advice, and friendship.