Jawhorse, Workholder, Sheetmaster, etc
Am thinking to purchase a Rockwell Jawhorse, or Triton Portable Workholder or some other version of this type of clamp system and curios about your first-hand experiences and thoughts and comments.    Also a good place to make a purchase.

Thank you.
(01-21-2019, 09:44 AM)opticsguy Wrote: Am thinking to purchase a Rockwell Jawhorse, or Triton Portable Workholder or some other version of this type of clamp system and curios about your first-hand experiences and thoughts and comments.    Also a good place to make a purchase.

Thank you.

Can't speak to the Triton but I was at a friend's shop a while back and he had the Jawhorse. WE were building a desk and I was really impressed with the Jawhorse. Used it to hold small pieces cut to length, and for holding boards for dovetails.
Jim

Demonstrating every day that enthusiasm cannot overcome a lack of talent!
I have the JawHorse and use it all the time. Works well to hold a door on edge to route in the hinges. Also use it to mount a metal saw plateform when working on a welding project. I bought the plywood "jaws" but never used it. The height is correct to support long boards coming off the jointer and tablesaw. I have thought about getting another one. I am watching Craigslist.
Treat others as you want to be treated.

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West.
24- year cancer survivor
(01-21-2019, 09:44 AM)opticsguy Wrote: Am thinking to purchase a Rockwell Jawhorse, or Triton Portable Workholder or some other version of this type of clamp system and curios about your first-hand experiences and thoughts and comments.    Also a good place to make a purchase.

Thank you.

I think they are all pretty similar...don't do as I did and buy a King...total garbage...at least mine is...I have the Jawhorse which works great...Picked up the King at a ridiculous price to use as a backup in my garage...

http://www.kingcanada.com/search-results/?cid=22&mid=7
Lowes is clearing out the jawhorse prices are pretty varied depending on your location

I have the triton it’s great for holding work metal or wood

Duke
(01-21-2019, 11:41 AM)JDuke Wrote: Lowes is clearing out the jawhorse prices are pretty varied depending on your location

I have the triton it’s great for holding work metal or wood

Duke

Jawhorse...4yrs......excellent tool.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I have the Home Depot version, Ridgid SuperClamp and have been surprised how useful I have found it to be. Identical to the Jawhorse, as near as I can tell. Initially I expected to use it only for outside DIY projects, but now I keep it set up next to my bench. I believe Home Depot began closing them out last year, so you may find one still available at a HD store cheap.
I've had the TRiton and Jahorse and far as I can tell they are same thing.

Go to Brickseek and put in Lowes and Jawhorse and your zip code.  It will bring up the clearance price at all your local Lowes.  If you go to Lowes its will say 120$ but most stores are less.  Brickseek will show you the real price.  It wouldn't hurt to call ahead just to be sure.
Vaping Bad.........
I forgot to say I picked up two more Jawhorses today in Utica NY for 60 bucks each.

They did have more for anyone local.

Brickseek showed all other local Lowes to be 88 to 120.  Why Utica was so much cheaper I don't know.
Vaping Bad.........
Thanks for the replies, tried the Brickseek web site but could not figure it out at all, searches came up empty and they are asking for strange product codes.  

I would love to pick up two jawhorses for $60 each!!!