My new workbench!
Smile 
Just finished my new workbench (only dog holes remain):

The base is a maple dresser, top is oak ply with oak wrapping it. I have a hanger on the one end for butcher paper to cover the top when staining, painting, and varnishing. If you can see, there is a row of 1/2" holes along the face of the top. This is to mount things like a router table, and other things. The drawers have power tools and accessories (Dremel, router, sanders, etc.)
[Image: IMG_0406.jpg]

On the back side I have the clamps I use the most, nice and handy.
[Image: IMG_0407.jpg]

From the end you can see the tail vise and the bench top.
[Image: IMG_0408.jpg]

View of the shop. Grizzly drill press in left rear, a 1940's bandsaw in the right rear. On the left you can see the outfeed table for my 10" RAS, it has an 8' infeed and a matching 8' outfeed.
[Image: IMG_0409.jpg]

I used to think I have a small workshop, then I read a book on small workshops, now I know I have a mini shop. We have a 50's home with a one-car garage, at least that is how it was sold. I seriously doubt anyone ever fit a car into it, ours don't, so I took it over. It measures 19' x 11'.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
I don't see any photos.

John
Yea, apparent pic fail. Would love to see your bench.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That's odd, they appeared in the preview before I posted.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
They appear for you because you have access.
I see this error:
{"error":"INVALIDORMISSINGCOOKIE"}
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Okay, changed the links, seem to work now.
Mike

Yea. That worked. Hey nice bench!
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-21-2019, 07:57 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yea. That worked. Hey nice bench!

Indeed so!
Ag
(01-21-2019, 04:05 PM)Scouter Wrote: Just finished my new workbench (only dog holes remain):

I used to think I have a small workshop, then I read a book on small workshops, now I know I have a mini shop. We have a 50's home with a one-car garage, at least that is how it was sold. I seriously doubt anyone ever fit a car into it, ours don't, so I took it over. It measures 19' x 11'.

Try 7 x 20. Shared with the furnace and water heater. You have a banquet hall by comparison.
(01-21-2019, 07:57 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yea. That worked. Hey nice bench!

Thanks. Took a while to determine just what I needed based on my style, and the projects I work on. Like I said, the last thing are the holes for the bench dogs. I know a standard dog requires a 3/4" hole, and I think a 6" spacing. Any thoughts on distance from the edge? Haven't been able to determine that from the bench photos I've seen.
Mike