My new workbench!
Hmmmm. Well they have evaporated again.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-22-2019, 07:31 AM)mound Wrote: I still don't see any pix

Fixed, again. At least this time I know what happened, my son deleted them.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
(01-22-2019, 12:20 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Hmmmm. Well they have evaporated again.

Kids. My son thought they were part of a series I sent him, so he deleted them when he was done.
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
One good looking bench. Congrats,

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
(01-21-2019, 08:09 PM)Scouter Wrote: Thanks. Took a while to determine just what I needed based on my style, and the projects I work on. Like I said, the last thing are the holes for the bench dogs. I know a standard dog requires a 3/4" hole, and I think a 6" spacing. Any thoughts on distance from the edge? Haven't been able to determine that from the bench photos I've seen.

Not sure anyone has responded to this.  Mine are about 2" from the edge with another row a further 2" in.  I have this because I added 2" to the bench to make it deeper.  the double row has proved very useful for clamping irregular shaped pieces.  I also made a couple of useful stops which have projecting pegs to locate in a pair of dogholes - again very useful.

Jim
(01-23-2019, 12:10 PM)Yetloh Wrote: Not sure anyone has responded to this.  Mine are about 2" from the edge with another row a further 2" in.  I have this because I added 2" to the bench to make it deeper.  the double row has proved very useful for clamping irregular shaped pieces.  I also made a couple of useful stops which have projecting pegs to locate in a pair of dogholes - again very useful.

Jim

Thanks, that's a help. I planned on two rows, one down each side, for holding wide panels while I work on them. When I was researching I saw a bench with a third row down the center, not sure about that. Also, benches with two rows for a side vise, still contemplating a side vise.

One thing I did like was a row of dog holes along the edge of the bench for clamping boards on edge to make planing easier. Haven't decided about this, I have a Zyliss vise that has done that job a number of times.
Mike