The joys of chiseling....
Did you make the glove on the Veritas hold down?
I love chisels and feel they are under utilized. A sharp chisel can do an amazing amount of work.
Yes I made the cover for the hold down. Need to make another for the other one I have. Going to change the design a little but I love having it. Protects the work and improves the grip. Got some basic leather tools over the holidays. Have a bunch of tool holders and such I want to make.
(01-21-2019, 11:24 PM)mongo Wrote: Yes I made the cover for the hold down.  Need to make another for the other one I have.  Going to change the design a little but I love having it.  Protects the work and improves the grip.  Got some basic leather tools over the holidays.  Have a bunch of tool holders and such I want to make.

Smile
Ag
I was afraid this wasn't going to have a happy ending. I hoped that you were going to need glue and not stitches, but this is much better. I'm not a great hand tool person, but a couple years ago I found an appreciation for a nice sharp chisel.
It felt erotic to me. Obviously, the OP enjoyed the experience.
Big Grin
Only problem I have with sharp chisels is that I tend to nick myself more with chisels than anything else. You know they are sharp when the slightest of bumps draws blood.

Nice use of the clamp to prevent blow-out. I have a tendency to forget such stuff.
(01-23-2019, 11:32 AM)Scoony Wrote: Only problem I have with sharp chisels is that I tend to nick myself more with chisels than anything else. You know they are sharp when the slightest of bumps draws blood.

Nice use of the clamp to prevent blow-out. I have a tendency to forget such stuff.

You know they're sharp when you don't initially feel the cut until after you see the blood!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(01-21-2019, 11:21 PM)adamcherubini Wrote: I love chisels and feel they are under utilized. A sharp chisel can do an amazing amount of work.

Totally agree, I am forever impressed with the chisel.  What it can do is limited only by the skill of the user.
(01-23-2019, 11:32 AM)Scoony Wrote: Only problem I have with sharp chisels is that I tend to nick myself more with chisels than anything else. You know they are sharp when the slightest of bumps draws blood.

I try to remember to treat the chisel like a firearm, never point it at anything I am unwilling to destroy... like my fingers... not that I am always perfect.

Yeah have forgot the clamp before....  not always pretty.