Need Help - Garage Sale Vancouver Wa, Feb 9-10
My dad passed last summer and mom is selling the house. Dad of 79 years old had a lot of stuff. He was a tool guy and his dad was a carpenter. Dad was one of the early engineers at HP, a radioman in the NAVY and a HAM radio operator in his younger days and and a geek before geeks were cool.  I expect to find things in these realms.  I really have no idea what's in the garage but I've been tasked with finding new homes for it and making it go away.

I'll be in Vancouver Wa (traveling from Maryland) Feb 5th through the 12th. I could really use some help from the 6th to the 11th.

I can't pay you but mom will be happy to feed you and keep the coffee pot full. All proceeds go to mom. We have another woodnetter whom I know and trust that will be able to help. I could use some help sorting it (3 bay garage with a car and a few refrigerators taking up some of the room) and selling it over the weekend. Whatever is left, will be hauled away or donated on Monday. Not sure how I'll do that yet. If you just want to look and maybe buy something, Come over the weekend. If you want to help sort and/or help out selling it or even help hauling it away... it would be gratefully appreciated.... And, you get first look and are more than welcome to make any offer. It needs to go so don't be shy with an offer before the garage sale. It would be great if you could come by for a few hours or as long as you want to help out. It would also be great if everything was gone and we didn't need a yard sale.

I can tell you that all of the stationary power tools are gone. There will be a lot of small stuff. Last time I was there, there were a few saws, braces, a whole lot of little things, You never know. He never passed up a deal at a yard sale. Many items would do well in an antique store. I haven't opened the boxes on the  shelves and there's a lot of boxes. As far as I know, the planes are gone but there are clamps, punches, mechanics hand tools and many, many assorted smalls.

I will be advertising this on Craigslist starting about a week ahead of time. I won't be publishing the address until I'm on the ground in Vancouver and will certainly post it here. If you are a member of other forums or have friends, please pass this on but I'd really like to only get help from woodnetters.

Send me a PM if interested.

I'd really like to only extend this plea for help with the members who have been here a while and not necessarily to those who only lurk in Swap and Sell. Hope that maes sense to you.

Thanks in advance,

Neil
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Good luck, since I am from Wisconsin, my leash won't let me go that far. Make sure you keep some mementos for yourself.
(01-22-2019, 10:45 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Good luck, since I am from Wisconsin, my leash won't let me go that far.  Make sure you keep some mementos for yourself.

Dad has been sticking things in my suitcase for the last several years. I have his planes and a few squares and I'll come home with his bench-top drill press. My nephew has his bandsaw and Unisaw. At this point everything else just needs to go, mom can use the cash. Already have some very nice mementos.

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Best wishes for you, and mom! I don't envy your task. My family, three sons, did the same thing. Twice.
Neil, I tried to PM you but the email on your website didn't work. I read your garage sale notice on Woodnet and wanted to mention the Guild of Oregon Woodworkers, across the river in Portland.
https://guildoforegonwoodworkers.org

We also conduct estate sales for Guild members and members of the public, and in fact have the next one planned for February 16: 
https://guildoforegonwoodworkers.org/event-3228321

Sounds like you are well along in planning your own event, but I thought that you could at least post a notice with our website or newsletter 
-https://guildoforegonwoodworkers.org/ContactUs Scroll down to "materials for sale".

You probably know that you should also put the usual notice in the Oregonian newspaper, if you want to attract more visitors.

Good luck in any case!

Tim
(01-26-2019, 12:40 PM)Blind Moore Wrote: Neil, I tried to PM you but the email on your website didn't work. I read your garage sale notice on Woodnet and wanted to mention the Guild of Oregon Woodworkers, across the river in Portland.
https://guildoforegonwoodworkers.org

We also conduct estate sales for Guild members and members of the public, and in fact have the next one planned for February 16: 
https://guildoforegonwoodworkers.org/event-3228321

Sounds like you are well along in planning your own event, but I thought that you could at least post a notice with our website or newsletter 
-https://guildoforegonwoodworkers.org/ContactUs Scroll down to "materials for sale".

You probably know that you should also put the usual notice in the Oregonian newspaper, if you want to attract more visitors.

Good luck in any case!

Tim

Thanks Tim. I'm not a member of the guild so I can't post there. But you can. I don't really want to post an address until I get there as Mom lives alone. But I can tell you that it will be Saturday and Sunday (if needed) Feb 9th and 10th starting at 8am. The location is NW Vancouver WA. There will be signs on Lincoln Ave near 58th street. Again, I'm not sure what will be for sale till I dig into it but there will be some braces, saw and other odds and ends. Lots of old hardware but not sure exactly what.

... Kizar Sosay