Attached Files Image(s)

All 3 layers together.

Attached Files Image(s)

Test fit.

Now need to get rid of the extra.

Attached Files Image(s)

extra was trimmed....

Attached Files Image(s)

I sanded the edges even with a belt sander and then champher them in preparation for burnishing.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thank you for taking the time to document your holster.  I am interested in trying my hand at leather and you just gave me some encouragement.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
"Thank you for taking the time to document your holster. I am interested in trying my hand at leather and you just gave me some encouragement."

Speaking as a leather noob I think many woodworking skills transfer well. Many of the tools too. If you keep it simple you can do a lot with minimal investment. Not sure how far down the hole I will go but I am confident I can at least make basic holsters, tool holders etc. Not sure how pretty but functional. Want to make myself a shop apron at some point too.

besides its handy for random things.

Attached Files Image(s)

Tool hangars are a good idea.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Cool 
Yes
Thanks for posting this 
Cool
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Almost done. I burnished the edges with this neat little tool and treaed the surface with snow seal which I exposed to a little heat to soak it in and then buffed it into the leather. I did 2 coats. Not sure if I should do more or not.

Attached Files Image(s)