WTB KD Mesquite Houston/Dallas area
I'm making a run to Houston through Dallas/Austin Feb 1-4 and am looking for some Mesquite lumber.  I'm looking to build some speaker enclosures that are only 24" tall so shorter pieces are acceptable.  I only need about 30 BF but will take more.

PM me price and location and we'll see if we can make a deal.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(01-26-2019, 08:57 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: I'm making a run to Houston through Dallas/Austin Feb 1-4 and am looking for some Mesquite lumber.  I'm looking to build some speaker enclosures that are only 24" tall so shorter pieces are acceptable.  I only need about 30 BF but will take more.

PM me price and location and we'll see if we can make a
It might be a little out of your way but Mesquite Valley Woodworks in Elm Mott (just north of Waco off IH 35) will have what you need and prices are reasonable
Berdoll Sawmill in Bastrop (just East of Austin) is the best source I have found for Texas Mesquite and Pecan.

Brandon is the owner and really knows his stuff.  Great guy, too.

www.berdollsawmill.com
CONTACT
(512) 629-3625

Berdoll Sawmill
4754 FM 535
Cedar Creek, TX 78612

Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
There's a guy who posts on L J often who usually has an assortment of mesquite--right now several slabs. He's in Mission (don't know where that is in relation to your route), i've bought bot mesquite and TX Ebony from him--never disappointed. I don't think he has a kiln.
earl
(01-26-2019, 08:57 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: I'm making a run to Houston through Dallas/Austin Feb 1-4 and am looking for some Mesquite lumber.  I'm looking to build some speaker enclosures that are only 24" tall so shorter pieces are acceptable.  I only need about 30 BF but will take more.

PM me price and location and we'll see if we can make a deal.

Check with MG Sawmill in Huntsville  -  It's on the drive between Dallas and Houston.

Berdoll has great lumber (and they are proud of it)  but its pretty good trip out of the way.

There are some other ones but most are either too far south (Kingville) or west (hill country)

If you cant make the saw mill - you can check out Houston Hardwoods - they usually have some but I prefer MG Sawmill for nearest

http://www.mgsawmill.com/

Better off calling rather than emailing btw
Thanks for the leads. MG Sawmill looks like the best location for me to visit early Monday.
Wink
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(01-30-2019, 10:15 AM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Thanks for the leads.  MG Sawmill looks like the best location for me to visit early Monday.
Wink

I don't know if it is still the case, but as of a few years ago they didn't take credit cards.  Just an FYI that you might want to check if you were planning some other payment method than cash.

Mark