Vendor of overtravel slides
Hi everyone.

Have to place a drawer under a countertop.  To get access to the contents of the drawer, it has to extend significantly outside of the carcass of the box, ideally 200%.

I have searched online and cannot find a vendor that sells such a product.  I did find as European company, Chambrelan, but they do not have a distributor in North America.   

Any vendor that you folks know of?  I may end up jimmying two slides together, but I would rather not.
I'm thinking maybe a small dining table extension slide, for an insert.
No vendors in mind at the moment.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

The greatest over extension I'm familiar with is 1.5".  That normally is enough to get complete access to a drawer mounted up under a typical countertop.  If you need more than that I think you're going to have to get creative.  One idea that comes to mind is making the drawer with essentially two sides and two pairs of slides.  Mount the "false" sides to the outside set of slides and the drawer itself to the false side with another set.  Or maybe just rivet two slides together to double the travel.  

John
(01-27-2019, 12:44 PM)Steve Soldo Wrote: Hi everyone.

Have to place a drawer under a countertop.  To get access to the contents of the drawer, it has to extend significantly outside of the carcass of the box, ideally 200%.

I have searched online and cannot find a vendor that sells such a product.  I did find as European company, Chambrelan, but they do not have a distributor in North America.   

Any vendor that you folks know of?  I may end up jimmying two slides together, but I would rather not.

What exactly are you doing along with the drawer size and how much weight it will hold.  A full extension slide will put the outside of the drawer back even with the face of the carcuss, how much more do you need ?     Roly
(01-27-2019, 02:31 PM)jteneyck Wrote: The greatest over extension I'm familiar with is 1.5".  That normally is enough to get complete access to a drawer mounted up under a typical countertop.  If you need more than that I think you're going to have to get creative.  One idea that comes to mind is making the drawer with essentially two sides and two pairs of slides.  Mount the "false" sides to the outside set of slides and the drawer itself to the false side with another set.  Or maybe just rivet two slides together to double the travel.  

John

I was thinking full extension side mount for a drawer inside a 1" larger drawer without a front using bottom mount slides. Vice-versa would work too, but any way you do it, you're going to chew up some drawer space.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(01-27-2019, 02:39 PM)Roly Wrote: What exactly are you doing along with the drawer size and how much weight it will hold.  A full extension slide will put the outside of the drawer back even with the face of the carcuss, how much more do you need ?     Roly

Access to some utensils underneath a kitchen counter.   The counter overhangs the carcass about 8 inches.
there are rack mount slides that over-travel. Lee Valley has this: http://www.leevalley.com/us/hardware/pag...at=53&ap=1

I also think I have seen over-travel drawer slides, but I don't know where.

It appears that all the big names of drawer slides have over extension slides. But they only go out 1" or 1 1/2" from what I have seen. 8" is a big ask
https://www.rockler.com/extension-slides-20-length

Item #: 29488 extends to 50" max. I don't see what the closed length of the slides are.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(01-27-2019, 05:48 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: https://www.rockler.com/extension-slides-20-length

Item #: 29488 extends to 50" max. I don't see what the closed length of the slides are.

Actually these will work great

Appreciate the tip !!!
(01-27-2019, 06:34 PM)Steve Soldo Wrote: Actually these will work great

Appreciate the tip !!!

They're 20" closed. You'll lose 2-3/8" of drawer height or 10" of width.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"