Pattern Maker's vise for sale - SOLD
Hi,

I'm selling my pattern maker's vise. It's the Emmert knock-off sold by Highland Woodworking and others. They're selling it for $319; I'll sell mine for $220. It's in excellent shape, complete instructions included (with template for bench cut out), dogs, auxiliary jaw, 2 sets of jaw pads. Local pickup only - Northern NJ (it's quite heavy.)

If you not familiar with this type of vise you can see how it works on the Highland Woodworking site or here.
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0svjm_j8sXY][/url]
[Image: vise.jpg]
[Image: instructions.jpg]
[Image: jaw.jpg]
[Image: another.jpg]

Thanks for looking!
If I lived closer, that vise would be coming home with me.  Good luck on your sale!
Yeah what he said!!!!!!!
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(01-27-2019, 11:39 PM)Steve Altman Wrote: Hi,

I'm selling my pattern maker's vise. It's the Emmert knock-off sold by Highland Woodworking and others. They're selling it for $319; I'll sell mine for $220. It's in excellent shape, complete instructions included (with template for bench cut out), dogs, auxiliary jaw, 2 sets of jaw pads. Local pickup only - Northern NJ (it's quite heavy.)

If you not familiar with this type of vise you can see how it works on the Highland Woodworking site or here.
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0svjm_j8sXY][/url]
[Image: vise.jpg]
[Image: instructions.jpg]
[Image: jaw.jpg]
[Image: another.jpg]

Thanks for looking!
Somebody needs to grab this....I have the original Emmert and this one is as good or maybe even better...It's well worth the money!!!!!!!!!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I've been eyeing one for a while myself, but I'm not yet ready to tackle "Bench 2.0" and it'll come down to what work methods / style I build. That's a great deal on what I've heard is a rocking vice though!!

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
Would it be worth shipping this for someone?
Alex
Final Assembly Quality Inspector for the manufacture of custom vintage sport biplanes
[Image: 07-15-28-122_512.gif]
(01-28-2019, 07:31 PM)alanealane Wrote: Would it be worth shipping this for someone?

Hi,

I really have no idea what would be involved. It weighs 60 pounds and it's very awkward to move around, especially for someone of my age. You'll notice that when Highland Woodworking ships it there's a $25 surcharge beyond  their regular shipping fee. And they know how to do it, I don't. 

If someone wants to arrange for and pay for shipping, I'll definitely consider it, but other than that, I'm in no great hurry. We'll see what happens here and the other places where I can list it. 

You know...the fullness of time.
One of the websites (might be Iron Hand) has instructions for building a shipping crate for an Emmert's.

I was lucky enough to find a rucker to get mine to me from NY. It transported safely in an open-top box.

If a prospective buyer is going to one of the woodworking or woodturning symposia, you might be able to find someone also going there from the seller's area.

Just a thought. If I did not already have the Emmert's, I would be trying to figure out how to get this one to me. With those accessories, it is an especially good deal.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I wish I were closer.  I just broke my Emmert vice face because I used for something I shouldn't have.
At that price, it's a good deal even with shipping. It's fairly inexpensive to ship on Greyhound from terminal to terminal.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$