Making canal lock gates - interesting video
Video 
There's a guy in England that does videos about living on a narrowboat that I occasionally watch.
I came across this one where he does a quick tour of a facility that makes replacement lock gates for the canals.
Pretty cool to see how the huge oak beams are worked.

Cool

Very interesting, thanks.

Ed
shocked they still make these out of wood.  Figured they'd all be metal by this point.

I would've liked to see them in action more-- i'm not real familiar with these things.

Colin
Pretty cool. This could easily be adapted to life on land as a really neat regular gate.  Although a very substantial gate...
I have a pretty good idea how they work now, but I was looking for a video where he showed going through a lock.  Didn't see that in the list, but I didn't look through all of his videos either
(01-29-2019, 12:57 PM)EricU Wrote: I have a pretty good idea how they work now, but I was looking for a video where he showed going through a lock.  Didn't see that in the list, but I didn't look through all of his videos either

I've been following him for awhile and enjoy his videos. I think I'd enjoy traveling by narrowboat around the UK.

He does show going through locks in some of his videos and even details that in at least one. It's an interesting process. I'll see if I can find one of his videos that shows it.

This might show you some of what you want to know.

https://youtu.be/scXFgKxYFQ0

https://youtu.be/ip2DTKd-q2Y
Interesting, thanks for posting!
g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone