Recessed wall panel?
We're redoing our bedroom in our cape cod house, and we have the walls down and are redoing hvac, electrical, insulation...etc.
The one wall is a common wall to the kitchen.  The hole in the bottom on the kitchen side is for the gas connection on the oven to not smash up against the wall.  This was done by previous homeowner-- but I see why-- i have a kitchen drawer that doesn't open all the way, so they wanted to push the oven back as far as it would go.  
Is there some sort of recessed panel that could be put here to allow the space between these two studs to give the kitchen side the full depth at the bottom for the gas pipe?
I was poking around home depot's site, but just don't know what to search for.

Colin

you want a panel on the kitchen side to allow clearance for the gas pipe? just make one. I would frame around the hole, then wrap it with pine and trim it out. paint some 1/4 plywood for the back of the panel.

another thought that comes to mind is the plastic box designed for the water supply for washing machine but that wil have holes in it
Yep, washer hook up box. Install it upside down you won't see the valve holes. Amazon $11

Block the holes.
(01-28-2019, 02:17 PM)joe1086 Wrote: Yep, washer hook up box. Install it upside down you won't see the valve holes. Amazon $11

Block the holes.

This might work-- would be much easier to install than making something.  I don't want to waste time for something that's never going to be seen.

Thanks!