Adjustable cut off thermostats
I just bought 2 NEST thermostats for my Daughter's house.  They are operated through your home's WIFI, and can be turned off and on using your I-phone App.  They were about $150 each, cheaper if you buy two at one time at Home Depot.  So far they have worked great.  You need to verify they are compatible with your current HVAC system.  Just offering an alternative.
Eric
(02-04-2019, 03:31 PM)Rob Young Wrote: Your word for today is "hysteresis".

One day I will find that software geek at Honeywell and we'll discuss hysteresis.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(02-04-2019, 05:26 PM)Eric Commarato Wrote: I just bought 2 NEST thermostats for my Daughter's house.  They are operated through your home's WIFI, and can be turned off and on using your I-phone App.  They were about $150 each, cheaper if you buy two at one time at Home Depot.  So far they have worked great.  You need to verify they are compatible with your current HVAC system.  Just offering an alternative.

I discovered with my Nest that I can set a degree to a range within that degree.  So if I want to set it to 70, I can set it closer to 69 or closer to 71 and it will still say 70.
(02-06-2019, 11:04 AM)crokett™ Wrote: I discovered with my Nest that I can set a degree to a range within that degree.  So if I want to set it to 70, I can set it closer to 69 or closer to 71 and it will still say 70.

That is exactly what this thread is about.  But if you set it at 69 it will go plus or minus one degree, so 68-70, set at 71 it will go 70-72. Roly