Feather boards and Push sticks, oh my....
Just came in from the shop, after cutting some narrow strips for 
some edge banding. (Sister in law needs more shelving in kitchen
cabinetry)

Anyway, while I was in the borg today getting a fresh can of shellac
and a few other things, I wandered over to the tools. Gee, like none 
here ever do THAT. 
Big Grin

There was a feather board from Kreg at a reasonable price. So it 
followed me home and jumped up onto my table saw.

Had not used one since high school. What took me so long I DO NOT
know. Much better, safer cutting it seemed to me. Between that and 
my 'skinny' push stick, it took no time to get the three sticks that
I needed done and over with.

Sometimes its the little stuff that makes a guy smile.

Winkgrin
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
A couple years ago, I had a similar epiphany with my router table.  For many years I used a cheap, aluminum Craftsman router table.  I tried a home made feather board on it, but there was little space to get a clamp to hold it in place, so it was cumbersome to use and didn't work very well.  I replaced it with a purchased router table, with T-slots in the fence and the table, allowing use of feather boards in both places.  Two came with the table and I bought 2 more (Kreg).  Man, what a difference.  Table routing is sooooo much better (and safer) now.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

(01-30-2019, 03:45 PM)Bill Wilson Wrote: A couple years ago, I had a similar epiphany with my router table.  For many years I used a cheap, aluminum Craftsman router table.  I tried a home made feather board on it, but there was little space to get a clamp to hold it in place, so it was cumbersome to use and didn't work very well.  I replaced it with a purchased router table, with T-slots in the fence and the table, allowing use of feather boards in both places.  Two came with the table and I bought 2 more (Kreg).  Man, what a difference.  Table routing is sooooo much better (and safer) now.

Just wait 'til you get a stock feeder!
Yes
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Just my 2 cents but I also find the Grabber push block a game changing accessory 
Big Grin
(01-30-2019, 04:59 PM)DustyDan Wrote: Just my 2 cents but I also find the Grabber push block a game changing accessory 
Big Grin

Thats the way I feel about Micro jigs line of products , best push blocks on the market!
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.