Entry lock set problem.
I have two Emtek entry door lock sets and both are giving me problems, they are about 10 yrs old. The problem is the turn piece in the middle of the interior knob is hard to turn and sometimes the lock won't operate until I close the door and then it locks? The other lockset sometimes wont open with the key unless I turn and shake the knob while turning the key, this is what I have tried with no success; powdered graphite, door lock lubricate from HD, some other dry lubes.

I contacted Emtek CS dept and explained the above and the rep told me to email a picture of the lock sets and if I sent in the lock sets and replacement costs they would send me new locks and reimburse me, I sent the email and no reply from them so I guess I'll try another route or just buy some Baldwin sets, unless someone has some ideas.
Im sure these are the same people that have said they got no problem eating cats and dogs but shreek like little girls at the sight of an octopus.jonzz 12/17/13
(02-01-2019, 08:59 AM)splinter7612 Wrote: I have two Emtek entry door lock sets and both are giving me problems, they are about 10 yrs old. The problem is the turn piece in the middle of the interior knob is hard to turn and sometimes the lock won't operate until I close the door and then it locks? The other lockset sometimes wont open with the key unless I turn and shake the knob while turning the key, this is what I have tried with no success; powdered graphite, door lock lubricate from HD, some other dry lubes.

I contacted Emtek CS dept and explained the above and the rep told me to email a picture of the lock sets and if I sent in the lock sets and replacement costs they would send me new locks and reimburse me, I sent the email and no reply from them so I guess I'll try another route or just buy some Baldwin sets, unless someone has some ideas.

Sounds like the inside part of the lock needs lubrication, not where the key goes but what actually moves to lock the door.  You probably need to remove the inside half to access that area.  I would squirt so WD 40 in to clean up the latch then a little lock lubricant.    Roly
Did you try hitting it with a hammer?
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
(02-01-2019, 04:59 PM)Woodenfish Wrote: Did you try hitting it with a hammer?

Only a tack hammer, I'll move up to a ball peen and if that doesn't work a 5lb sledge.
Laugh
Im sure these are the same people that have said they got no problem eating cats and dogs but shreek like little girls at the sight of an octopus.jonzz 12/17/13
Handle too loose, handle too tight, lack of lubrication, misaligned handles or wear. pick one!

Al
I turn, therefore I am!