$1K Bandsaw Comparison
I have two of the older HF band saws (2007 and 2003) and frankly most of the parts look the same as the grizzly lower end saws. In fact, many of the parts are were interchangeable. I have yet to have either of them fail yet. Of course the newer ones are junk.

If I were to pick one today and had the nerve to spend that much money, Laguna would be my choice- However, I'm not happy with todays decisions from manufacturers, spending their time coming up more with fancy options and appearances instead of long term quality.
My thoughts on this matter is this

If you are looking for a Bandsaw at $1100 do not expect a $2000 Bandsaw.  You can buy a $1100 and upgrade it to your liking, but do not blame the business or expect a lower price bandsaw have everything.  JMHO
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(02-06-2019, 04:06 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: My thoughts on this matter is this

If you are looking for a Bandsaw at $1100 do not expect a $2000 Bandsaw.  You can buy a $1100 and upgrade it to your liking, but do not blame the business or expect a lower price bandsaw have everything.  JMHO

Arlin speaks truth.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I've seen a lot of wood cut outs- I'll be darned if I could tell what the bandsaw cost that did the cutting, but I could always tell what skill the person doing the cutting had.  
Laugh