Harbor freight sharpener
I have been looking at you tube Harbor Freight circular saw blade sharpening videos. Most seem positive once set up correctly. Does anyone have experience with them or any other brands to recommend? Thay sell for $55. Ihave 7- 80 teeth blades.4 -60 teeth and 3- 40 teeth that all need sharpening. Will be quite a large bill if I send them out to someone to do, but do not want to ruin the blade either. I have a lot of 7 1/4" blades i can practice set up on. Any and all recomendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
No personal experience here with that sharpener so this is just my take on it.  I would never expose my expensive carbide tipped saw blades to a Harbor Freight sharpening system.
(02-03-2019, 02:49 PM)sweensdv2 Wrote: No personal experience here with that sharpener so this is just my take on it.  I would never expose my expensive carbide tipped saw blades to a Harbor Freight sharpening system.

+1
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
You know that you get what you pay for at HF. I just discovered that when I bought the dovetail jig. It wasn’t square!
(02-03-2019, 01:17 PM)Turner52 Wrote: I have been looking at you tube Harbor Freight circular saw blade sharpening videos. Most seem positive once set up correctly. Does anyone have experience with them or any other brands to recommend? Thay sell for $55. Ihave 7- 80 teeth blades.4 -60 teeth and 3- 40 teeth that all need sharpening. Will be quite a large bill if I send them out to someone to do, but do not want to ruin the blade either. I have a lot of 7 1/4" blades i can practice set up on. Any and all recomendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I purchased this about 1 year ago. Tried for 3 weeks. Returned to HF.
Did some improvement suggested per You tube and other sites.
Improvements I made to that sharpener made it stable but still was not accurate. I did not trust that it will repeat the angle properly .
As you know most of blade have left and right angles which need to grind precisely.

If you look at this and there is another sharpener about $ 250 on market.The higher price have cast iron table for saw blade, which moves on dovetail joint.
HF sharpener has a flimsy floating table which is problematic.

Save your time and money, stay away.
You are better off sharpening blades by hand using DMT or other companies small diamond plates, cost about $ 12.
I have it and it works well after a few mods. I don't buy 2-3 hundred $$ saw blades either. I used it on all my blades (Circular saws too) and they cut 3x better than before. You must take the time to clean the blades and set it up and operate it and know how the original tip was sharpened- a learning curve. I touch the tip of the blade instead of pushing the wheel into it and get very good results. I use the dial to check for true. I didn't realize how dull my blades were till I used it.

I sharpen some router bits, small twist bits, forsner bits, the carbide lathe bits, boring bits, the dado blades and milling cutters, as well. I also shape some cutting tools/bits for special uses.

It isn't for everyone.
(02-04-2019, 12:38 AM)daddo Wrote: I have it and it works well after a few mods. I don't buy 2-3 hundred $$ saw blades either.  I used it on all my blades (Circular saws too) and they cut 3x better than before. You must take the time to clean the blades and set it up and operate it and know how the original tip was sharpened- a learning curve. I touch the tip of the blade instead of pushing the wheel into it and get very good results. I use the dial to check for true. I didn't realize how dull my blades were till I used it.

I sharpen some router bits, small twist bits, forsner bits, the carbide lathe bits, boring bits, the dado blades and milling cutters, as well. I also shape some cutting tools/bits for special uses.

It isn't for everyone.
Sparky
Just curious on modifications you made, please share
(02-03-2019, 01:17 PM)Turner52 Wrote: I have been looking at you tube Harbor Freight circular saw blade sharpening videos. Most seem positive once set up correctly. Does anyone have experience with them or any other brands to recommend? Thay sell for $55. Ihave 7- 80 teeth blades.4 -60 teeth and 3- 40 teeth that all need sharpening. Will be quite a large bill if I send them out to someone to do, but do not want to ruin the blade either. I have a lot of 7 1/4" blades i can practice set up on. Any and all recomendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
There is a reason dedicated sharpening services charge what they do. Good equipment costs money. There is a reason Forrest asks you to send blades back to them to be resharpened. Tooth angles and clearances are critical. I have yet to see any machine tool from HF that is worth the price of scrap metal.
(02-05-2019, 09:15 AM)Jack01 Wrote: Sparky
Just curious on modifications you made, please share

I don't have any pictures and that would be the only way I could describe the mods in a way you would understand. When I get time, I'll do the pics and explaining.
The diamond "wheel" is way too coarse to properly sharpen a carbide blade, IMHO.

It has been some years since I've looked at them, though.