Laguna 1412 bandsaw/Ceramic Guides
This is my first bandsaw and I'm really enjoying it.  When I set it up, Laguna had three different sets of instructions on how to adjust the guides: All touching the blade, some touching and none touching.  

How do you adjust the guides?

Jeff

BTW, I've been away from the forum for a few years; used to be known as Jeff B.
Jeff in Los Angeles
I've got the same model.

I use a business card for the guide behind the blade and a piece of paper for the side guides.
I have a 14-12.  I position the guides as close to the blade as I can get them without touching the blade.  I use a 3/4" Laguna Resaw King blade and have been very happy.  Most of my resawing is 6" or smaller but I get a really nice straight cut and I can slice it pretty thin.

Lonnie
14 SUV
Unplug the saw.
I just set the side bearings until they lightly pinch the blade and back off from that. Spin the top wheel and back off until there is no binding.
Back bearings I just gently advance until they touch. Never had an issue doing this. KIS,S.
Ag
(02-05-2019, 01:03 PM)MVWoodworks Wrote: This is my first bandsaw and I'm really enjoying it.  When I set it up, Laguna had three different sets of instructions on how to adjust the guides: All touching the blade, some touching and none touching.  

How do you adjust the guides?

Jeff

BTW, I've been away from the forum for a few years; used to be known as Jeff B.

(02-05-2019, 03:20 PM)TadMcD Wrote: I've got the same model.

I use a business card for the guide behind the blade and a piece of paper for the side guides.

(02-05-2019, 03:35 PM)Mr Eddie Wrote: I have a 14-12.  I position the guides as close to the blade as I can get them without touching the blade.  I use a 3/4" Laguna Resaw King blade and have been very happy.  Most of my resawing is 6" or smaller but I get a really nice straight cut and I can slice it pretty thin.

Lonnie

Not trying to hi-jack your thread Jeff, but since the three of you have the 14/12 I would appreciate hearing your likes/dislikes/best, worst features/ wish it...views. I've been considering a 14/12 for a while and believe I have line-of-sight budget wise to take the plunge late spring to mid summer if our weather ever returns to normal. I anticipate using it to re-saw mostly in the 6"-12" (max) range but would like to dabble in some BS boxes too. Thanks in advance for your experience and insight.
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
First, thanks to the three of you who responded.  I've been doing pretty much what AgGEM does.

No problem Grandpa Dave.  As I mentioned, this is the first bandsaw I've used, but I'm able to fairly easily resaw boards up to 10" using a 1/2" blade.  Here's a link to a review that helped convince me to buy the 1412.

https://www.wwgoa.com/article/laguna-141...nt-3720702
Jeff in Los Angeles
(02-06-2019, 04:34 PM)MVWoodworks Wrote: First, thanks to the three of you who responded.  I've been doing pretty much what AgGEM does.

No problem Grandpa Dave.  As I mentioned, this is the first bandsaw I've used, but I'm able to fairly easily resaw boards up to 10" using a 1/2" blade.  Here's a link to a review that helped convince me to buy the 1412.

https://www.wwgoa.com/article/laguna-141...nt-3720702

I bought one in 2015 and love how well it performed out-of-the-box. I still did a little tweaking to it to make it work even better.

I created a web page with some of the modifications here...

http://www.afterness.com/woodworking/laguna/
Bill Schneider
(02-05-2019, 06:43 PM)AgGEM Wrote: 14 SUV
Unplug the saw.
I just set the side bearings until they lightly pinch the blade and back off from that. Spin the top wheel and back off until there is no binding.
Back bearings I just gently advance until they touch. Never had an issue doing this. KIS,S.
Ag

I do this with my MM
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(02-06-2019, 05:40 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I do this with my MM

Steve, What's an MM? Jeff
Jeff in Los Angeles
I enhanced dust control by placing an air hose below the table right next to the blade.

Attached Files Image(s)

Jeff in Los Angeles