My kitchen remodel
Looking very good. I also made our kitchen cabinets about 10 years ago. First and last set. Very proud of them, but would never do them for someone else. Most people can't appreciate the difference between good and bad, but when someone can-it's all worth it!
Looking really good.

Wondering why you used old school center stiles on your upper double door face frames.
And I notice your 33? sink is offset in the cabinet it is in.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(08-14-2019, 09:07 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Looking very good.  I also made our kitchen cabinets about 10 years ago.  First and last set.  Very proud of them, but would never do them for someone else.  Most people can't appreciate the difference between good and bad, but when someone can-it's all worth it!
I've had multiple people ask me to build their cabinets and I explained to them they wouldn't like my time line to finish them.
Big Grin
(08-14-2019, 10:37 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Looking really good.

Wondering why you used old school center stiles on your upper double door face frames.
And I notice your 33? sink is offset in the cabinet it is in.

The stiles were just a choice I made at the time.  Like I said earlier there's a few things I would do/make differently now that I look at the cabinets but what's done is done.  Honestly I messed up on the width of the double doors and ended up with a larger gap than I wanted between the doors because I wanted the option to remove the middle stile at a later time but now that can't happen unless I re-do the doors.  

The sink is in the cabinet temporarily and will be centered once I get the new sink....I haven't decided on the style I want yet and haven't started on the counter tops (walnut or cherry side grain tops).
The first of 18 lower cabinet doors was installed this evening but this one is a false door for my trash can holder.  The panel was pre finished along with the back of the door and the front will be finished when I get around to it.

I need to invest in more pipe clamps because I only have 4 now so I'm limited to gluing up 2 doors before going to work and 2 doors once I get home. 

Progress as of this evening.

And I picked up the material for the Walnut counter tops this weekend.  I'm letting the wood settle into it's new climate before I start working on the tops.

I started the layout of the Walnut counter tops this morning.  This will be the most stressful part of the kitchen remodel I have a feeling because I've never glued anything up like this before.

Bold move... Walnut countertops. I like it
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Cool 

Whats your plan for the 90 turn over the corner cab?
I saw a very different type layout on a pine top a few days ago. I'll look it up again.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-08-2019, 08:01 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Bold move... Walnut countertops. I like it
Expensive as well but still cheaper than stone.

(09-08-2019, 10:14 AM)Stwood_ Wrote:
Cool 

Whats your plan for the 90 turn over the corner cab?
I saw a very different type layout on a pine top a few days ago. I'll look it up again.

45 degree miter as of right now but I'm building them long to cover myself if I find a different way to do the corner.  I'd like to see the Pine top you mentioned.
Some big bold dove tails along the miter would go nicely with big bold walnut. Maybe dove tailed end caps on the exposed ends. Not little cigar box dove tails.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay