radial arm saw
Bob-

I think my Plus 10 was the next iteration of that saw. Mine doesn’t have the replaceable rod ways, just convex rollers riding in the grooves machined into the arm. There was a motor and guard and yoke upgrade kit, which included the next gen rectangular boxy shaped motor that was glued together, with the electric instead of mechanical brake of the Plus 10. The next version looks virtually identical, but with the Saturn knobs instead of the cone shaped knobs, and the updated blade guard and motor. I’m guessing the kit was based on the changes to the Plus 10. Oh, and the column was changed to a split design instead of with the round body ‘key’ that kept the column from rotating, plus the addition of a single track rod on each side with concave track rollers. You can tell from a photo because the newer ones have a screw at each end that holds the rod that’s visible if you look close. And they dropped the Plus 10 moniker, of course.

AFAIK, the only other changes when they went from there to the 12” was eventually the 2 hp single-phase motor with the one piece extruded instead of the 1-1/2 hp two piece cast aluminium glued guts motor. The cast two piece motor was available in 2 hp only in three-phase, which was on mine when I got it. Not rewindable, according to my local motor shop.

I think I have some pics of it on OWWM.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Yes they are desirable and Yes you can get decent money for them, advertise on CL.

I have two RAS. one from the sixties in my garage and one I just so happen to buy today from 1951 which will be going down my basement shop.

Don't junk it, sell it.
Bruce.