Lathe Dust Hood
A simple dust collection hood for my mini lathe.

I was looking for a method to support the dust hood and came across a heavy duty gooseneck from SnakeClamp Products. I ordered an 18" version along with a companion 12" rigid extension. The two pieces securely support the dust hood and can be adjusted for easy positioning of the hood. The rigid extension is held by a simple two piece wooden block. The upper section has a split colllar and the lower section is clamped to the lathe tool stand.

The 4" dust collection hose needed extra support so I set in on a Ridgid folding stand from Home Depot. The hose is secured to the stand with a high tech clamp made from strips of an old T-shirt.

A piece of acrylic is attached to the bottom lip of the plastic dust hood which aids in directing chips into the hose.

Thanks for looking.

Bill

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks great, good idea with the folding stand too, those are pretty sturdy.
It sure looks like it is a great set up for your lathe.

How do you like PSI's new sand paper holder?  It looks convenient.
Yes
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.