Farm Table Build Along - FINISHED!!
I'm finished!   Table is in the dining room and was used this past weekend for a family gathering.  Here's some final pics.

I used seven coats of General Finishes Arm-R-Seal on the table top.   3 coats, then 320 grit sand.  Another coat, 320 sand.  Another coat,  600 sand.  Another coat, 600 sand, final coat.  

Legs and benches got 5 coats, similar sanding.

Some assembly required.

Here it is, completely assembled.  One thing I didn't mention....The table can be (somewhat ) easily shortened.  It's 9 ft long now.  It fits in our current dining room, but who knows if that will fit in the next house.  So, I can shorten the bottom stretcher by up to 18 inches and cut the same amount off of the top.

I had enough extra wood to make three benches.  A five footer and a couple three footers.   It would have been nice to have enough long boards to make them as long as the table.  But, as I mentioned earlier, I wanted to only use wood found on our farm.

And here it is!  All ready for the Christmas gathering.  We were able to fit 16 people around it w/o feeling too crowded.

Thanks for following along!
Nice looking table
Great story; great table!
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Fantastic!

Cool
Cool
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Just curious what the assembled weight is. Don't imagine it is going anywhere without a lot of muscle.

Outstanding design, use of old materials, and craftsmanship!
Excellent!!  That looks terrific.

Cool
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Well Done! Very well done, indeed...

Cool
Cool
Cool
"One should respect public opinion insofar as is necessary to avoid starvation and keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyrany, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways."
(12-26-2019, 10:34 PM)wood2woodknot Wrote: Just curious what the assembled weight is. Don't imagine it is going anywhere without a lot of muscle.

It's not too bad.  The legs are fir and the top is pine.  

I'd say around 135 lbs.  Just a guess based on these estimates:  35 lbs per leg...50 lbs top and 25 lbs for the stretcher.
Looks terrific!  Nice work!
"This is our chance, this our lives, this is our planet we're standing on. Use your choice, use your voice, you can save our tomorrows now." - eV