Heating Oil Consumption
I have a bederus boiler with 4 zones. The boiler fires 3 heating zones and a hot water tank.
Is there any way to tell which zone is calling for the most heat?
PJ
Plympton, MA
(02-10-2019, 08:48 AM)pjohnson Wrote: I have a bederus boiler with 4 zones. The boiler fires 3 heating zones and a hot water tank.
Is there any way to tell which zone is calling for the most heat?

Can you wire an hour meter into each zone?  

John
My house had Programmable thermostats that would do that. Most have been replaced as they are from the 80's.

Why do you need to know this info?

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
An hour meter would only be accurate if each zone had exactly the same flow rate.  A manual J calculation on your home would show you the heat loss for each room which could then be used to calculate the zone with the highest load.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Fair question
Two reasons:
Curiousity of the capability and my shop is in the basement, so I keep the heat set to 60.
One half of the basement is poured concrete. The other half is a dirt floor with a field stone foundation. It seems as though the modine heater in the basement is running a great deal. If that is my #1 draw on oils consumption, I would turn it down lower.
PJ
Plympton, MA
Uninsulated concrete and stone walls are going to suck heat.
Matt

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
-Jack Handy