What happened to Hall's Sharpening Stones?
Did they go out of business? Change names? Get bought out?
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Aram, I don't know the answer to your question, but I can speculate. Hall's was a very small operation. I ordered a translucent Arkansas stone from them several years ago. When I called I spoke to Mr. Hall. He didn't have a standard sized translucent stone in stock but he agreed to sell me a nice one that was a bit smaller than standard size. I bought it and he sent it to me. When it arrived, it was far from flat, so I called the company to discuss what to do with the stone. Mr Hall answered the phone and I dealt with him. He told me to send it back and he would flatten it for me. I did and when I received it back, it still wasn't flat. I decided to try and flatten it myself rather than sending it back again. I never dealt or even spoke with anyone other than Mr. Hall. My impression is that it was pretty much a one-man operation, or maybe a mom and pop business. I don't know whether they had the proper equipment to flatten my stone, but it was clear that they did a poor job of it. I speculate they were a jobber type of operation that bought finished stones wholesale and marketed them retail. I don't know that for sure, but it's my belief. In any event, I wouldn't be surprised if they are out of business.